First duck hunt this season

Outdooraddict

Well, finally got a chance to get some personal "quality time". Wife said I had until 9 so we could make it to a family function. We've had some awesome duck weather so I ended up shooting 5 ducks by 8:00. Problem is, I'm my own duck dog and I ended up losing one in the thick riverbottom. I looked for him for a while and ended up coming back due to time. On my way back a hen flew right at me- and it being the first hunt this year and all- I couldn't resist. I ended up with 5 ducks in hand.

So I'm ready to drive out and I get stuck in the dobie mud :mad: It took me almost an hour to get out of that sloppy mess. Turning a corner, I lost control and started sliding into a t-post. Now I'm pissed cause I just got some dents fixed on the truck. I try sticking my arm out and grabbing the post- luckily the ground is so wet the post bends in the mud.

I come home and the wife is pretty upset. I get some clothes, pack the kids in the car, and we take off. Half way to her brothers house she musters up a sincere, "Did you get any?" I say "Yup" After thinking for a few moments she asked "So, what did you do with them." I put them in the back of her Jeep :) Now a little hell breaks loose and I try to tell her it would be unethical if I didn't clean them. She tells me she hopes I put the bag of ducks away from the kids' things. After a little lying, she finally realizes that there is no bag- the ducks are on a piece of plastic.

We get to my brother-in-laws house and now I have to explain to his anal-compulsive wife that I would like to clean them on their property. Holy shit- what a long day

Women... they just don't get it. :D (ok most of them)

Here's my son checking them out.

DEFINITELY not the quality of pics or ducks as MTMiller

Attachments

• DSC04324.JPG
    DSC04324.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 77
At least she "let" you go hunting. :hump: Congrats on a great outing.

I appreciate the story.

You're right, most of them don't get it. If you find one that does, hold on to her tight!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back