PEAX Equipment

First Deer, and a thank you

R.K.

Wanted to post an update regarding my girlfriend following my earlier questions. I’ll post since she’s not on here, but I do have her permission.

She decided to hunt with my family in Missouri. Whitetail in a tree stand, so not spot and stalk, but a hunt nonetheless.

This followed tagging along with a friend who had an antelope tag in Montana, where she got to experience glassing, stalking, playing the wind, blood trailing, and a gutless method packout.

Three hours in the stand, about to nap from boredom and quit from cold, and a small buck came in. Stopped it in a shooting lane, made one clean shot. Mule kick, and it ran off. She took point on blood trailing, and there was some confusion with a deer spooking during the track from where hers ran. But she did her part, and there was never any reason to doubt it.

So here’s to the bad@$$ women hunters on here- for all the advice, and being positive role models. Thanks for sharing your stories- they make a difference.

Found her first deer. Take all the time you need.
IMG_2998.jpeg

Obligatory grip n’ grin.
IMG_9607.jpeg

Yep, I also hope first of many.
Congrats to her !!! The smile says it all.

Congrats. The first one will be the one remembered the longest.
I'd a shot it too.
Been a terrible hunting season. Never seen a buck during all the hunting season. First time never got a buck.
Just too mild and no snow this year. Now it's cold and still no snow.

Very nice, I hope there are many more adventures like this one for the two of you.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back