Caribou Gear Tarp

First coyote with the dog with

r-22 pilot

Made a stand with the dog with and I can't believe it worked. Called for about 10 min and Jig puffed up like a porcupine and started whining. I looked over and there was two coyotes coming straight at him. I sealed the deal on the male, but wasn't fast enough for the other one. Pretty cool seeing him spot a coyote before me.

Attachments

• IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 633
The rifle is a 243 AI. Trued Rem. 700 action, brux barrel 1-8 twist, mcmillian a3-5 stock, timney trigger, and a night force 5.5-22 nxs. I just got it back about a month ago and haven't had much time with it. I got it shooting .73" group at 200 with 105 gr Bergers. A little more tweaking and it should be good to go.

Very, very nice rifle! That thing has no shortage of reach...

Question on the suppressor; does one have to pay the $200 stamp tax on each suppressor or is it a one time deal?

It is $200 per stamp, but you can buy a 30 cal. suppressor and use it on any rifle you have that is 30cal and smaller.

That's a great photo and gun. My son bought a suppressor and I thought it was a waste of time and money to get the thing, then he let me shoot it - I now have a suppressed rifle and another suppressor in the process. It's an unnecessarily slow and expensive process, but no way around it, and very enjoyable once you're done.

It is $200 per stamp, but you can buy a 30 cal. suppressor and use it on any rifle you have that is 30cal and smaller.
Thanks for the info! I'm thinking a suppressed .22 pistol could make my more unproductive sits for archery deer a bit less boring... :D

That was the first time I had him out. They were coming right at him and not the call, so I guess it worked. I've heard of people using decoy dogs in the spring, but I haven't tried it. I will be taking him out again soon just to see what happens. I'm not sure if a single coyote will come at him like the pair did, or if it will shy away. It was defiantly fun watching the way he reacted to them.

IIRC psinclair/breaksrunner often uses a dog as a decoy for called coyotes. I'm pretty sure his is an airedale terrier.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back