Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

First Badlands Trip

fishfrey

I am making my first trip to the Badlands this September to chase mullies. Can anyone provide any locations for necessities like water, ice, and gas? Also are there any meat lockers around that could process or hang a deer if we get lucky. We plan on camping but have not narrowed it down any certain areas yet.
Thanks

Good luck:

Not to sound stupid, however, there are "badlands" in both North & South Dakota. If you are talking North Dakota, there is a camp site just off of highway #85. It is a few miles south of the North Unit of the park. It has easy access and is on the edge of the badlands. Get a good map of the public vs. private lands. I met some landowners that were very nice and let me hunt antelope on thier property. On the other hand, there are some very protective landowners and you will know them by all the no tresspassing signs in the badlands (I can not blame them).

When I was there I ate a a cafe in Grassy Butte on highway #85. They have great lunches and the BEST GIZZARDS!!!!! It looks like a dive and is on the WEST side of the highway.

Gas & stuff can be obtained in Belfield on the interstate.

good luck to all
the dog

If you are going in September, is it an archery hunt? The reason I ask is that usually the gun seasons open around the middle of October when I'm out there bird hunting.

Thanks for the info.
GIZZARDS? I though that was a southern thing. I love gizzards.
Anyone know the name of the meat locker in Belfield? Would be nice to have a name and number on hand if needed.

You can almost spit from one end of Belfield to the other so it should not be that hard to locate. You'll probably pass right through Belfield on you way out to the Badlands.

good luck to all
the dog

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back