Fire dot illumination?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

I'm trying to decide between the normal duplex or the fire dot in a VX-5. What's your thoughts for or against?

Firedot is really nice. Just stay away from it if you have bad astigmatism in your shooting eye that is not corrected. or the dot will not be crisp.

I saved the $$ and got the regular duplex. Helped me afford the backcountry mounts.

Firedot is really nice. Just stay away from it if you have bad astigmatism in your shooting eye that is not corrected. or the dot will not be crisp.

Hadn’t thought of that. Wonder if it’s still round with just fussy edges. The dot is suppose to be pretty small just with a brightness adjustment. I shoot a C-More on an open pistol and the dot isn’t round. Technologies are different but the same result.

Hadn’t thought of that. Wonder if it’s still round with just fussy edges. The dot is suppose to be pretty small just with a brightness adjustment. I shoot a C-More on an open pistol and the dot isn’t round. Technologies are different but the same result.
It will be a comet looking thing, A dot with a slash line. My eye is pretty bad and I cannot use any lit reticle or dot without a contact or glasses.

It will be a comet looking thing, A dot with a slash line. My eye is pretty bad and I cannot use any lit reticle or dot without a contact or glasses.
Yep I pretty much get the comet shape with my C-More. It’s not too bad and USPSA isnt really a precision sport. I wouldn’t want it in a rifle scope.

My old eyes are very happy that I switched to Trijicon Accupoint scopes on my hunting rifles.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back