Caribou Gear

Final Logo ideas

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
All of you were great in providing opinions and ideas about getting me back on track as to which direction we should be heading with the logo idea.

No logo is going to get complete acceptance, no matter what we go with. The purpose I always ask for input on this site is that you guys do a great job of getting me back on the trail when I stray too far into the weeds. You guys were great help in this logo process.

The designer was very helpful, and patient beyond what is expected. We are much closer to the original ideas presented to me. I think it is a better fit. There is a reason your hire professionals and a reason you should listen to them.

With that, and lots more work and input, we have finalized what the OYOA logo will look like. It had to meet these criteria:

• Simple
  • Distinctive
  • Identifiable
  • Easy to replicate in print, embroidery, etc.

Some may feel we met none of the criteria and some may feel we met only a few. The time has come to take all this input and make the final decision.

The stuff Blue Devil provided is great and will probably ask him if I can use some of the parts of those for window decals.

The embroidery experts told me that even what we have picked here is complicated if we get too many colors, or colors in a complicated pattern.

Here they are in black and white. Will have color added in the next week, and then we will start the presses.

The one with OYOA is mostly to get our brand to its most basic and distinctive form. It will work best for hats and the limited space hats have for printing. It can be used for other things.

The entire On Your Own Adventures wording is too much for a hat, but will help in transitioning the logo to eventually being associated with the OYOA letters. The one with the entire name spelled out will be for all other things, such as shirts, decals, ets.

I appreciate the input all of you gave. Blue Devil provided some great ideas and hopefully we can find a way to implement some of it in our SWAG. Your comments have been very helpful.

Logo - OYOA.JPG

Logo - OnYourOwnAdventures.JPG

I like the top one on impulse but the bottom one offers more brand clarity. Might be moot in light of 'logo' definition.

Very nice! These are perfect for embroidery (sp?). I like #2 for the truck but #1 for putting on my Sitka vest.

I like both, but I keep going back to the top one. I too can't wait to display either on my truck and gear. Good job to all involved.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back