Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Field Maps

I was just looking at the mytopo maps and it looks like the public land information they are using is potentially confusing in terms of state land in Colorado. There are areas that I know are state wildlife areas that are open to hunting that are not shown on the map and there area areas of state land shown that are not open to the public. The USFS and BLM look good.

Another free map source

What does everyone do for Maps while in the field and for scouting from home. I am planning my first elk hunt and will be hunting unit 71 in Colorado.

I have been using google earth and Colorado's Hunt atlas but I would also like to have something printed while in the filed. I will probably be getting the onXmaps for my GPS just have not purchased them yet.

Be great to have a map that shows public land, Trails and roads. I find my self switching back and forth a lot between maps. Not sure if anything out there offers that.

Thanks

You can download free 15 min. quadrangle maps from: "National Geographic Quadrangle Maps" on the internet. Pretty simple to do. You'll get your quad map in 4 sections and have to trim the margins off and tape them together. Compared to the same USGS quad maps, they're not quite as good, but cheap and you can get them instantly at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back