Feeding the Dawg...

AH64DMatt

What's good to give a dog after the hunt? Curious...not that I'm already filling my tag, which I get to have a go at from 12 October to 18 October, but I am thinking of taking my dog to camp and should I nab one, I'm interested in hearing what Elk parts people are feeding their trusted animals...

Thought I'd see what comical responses I'd get...

ursiesleg.jpg

They will gas you out when you give em that stuff.

I only tend to give them the bones, the fat and trim end up in the garbage. I sometimes wonder what people who visit us think. There are shoulder blades, hip bones, etc., etc., scattered sporadically around our yard.

One time I shot an elk relatively close to the road so I packed the entire legs out like drathaar is showing in his picture. It took FOREVER for my dogs to chew those hooves off the leg. Probably a couple years or so.

I save the feet for my Dad's fot terrior. He love them. There is eight blacktail legs on his front lawn as we speek.
Jay

Many years my yard looked like a slaughter house. My dogs had bones for the rest of the year. That guy looks llike he does not want anyone to try to take that from him. Cool dog.

I do not think dogs belong in camp, #1, but feed him the leg bones, per the drahthaar above..

Gave my two mutts the a hind leg bone each off of the WT doe i shot this year. after aout 5 minutes, there was nothing left!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back