Feb. archery deer

Elkoholic

Laying around the house today with a head cold knowing the season closes tomorrow and down to 3 - 1lb packages of deer meat, it's a perfect wind for the stand over a food plot, something's gotta give. I headed through the snow to the stand for a quick 1.5hr sit. Climbing up I see a doe across the field heading towards me, 2 more popped out. They came by at 70yds didn't take the shot. Mins later 1,2,3,,,,,10 doe came from thicket to my left into the food plot. I picked the biggest after about 5mins of feeding and jockeying around. She ran 40yds & expired very quickly. Stayed in stand hoping for another, 30mins later a big mature doe came by at 45yds, released arrow and watched her duck it! It was super quiet out tonight. Guess I was being greedy, so I got down. Gotta love an Ohio bow kill in Feb. and a happy freezer. She'll eat good. Sorry about the blood in photo.

Last edited:
Hanging on meat pole,,,,,,figured Fin would like the decal on trailer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 331
Steaks on the grill tonight! Congrats!

Started skinning and processing last night. Yes steaks were on the grill!!! I tried to attached a pic of one of the 26 inch backstraps (before consumption) but for some reason I'm getting an upload error? Anyway, fresh backstraps in Feb. .... I'll take it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back