Yeti GOBOX Collection

Fear of Lost Keys

Two is one, one is none? Is that how the saying goes? I am a big fan of three, yep, three truck keys. Not getting home after a hunt won't be due to a lost key....that's my OCD kicking in I guess.

The key for me is using the same spot every time. They go in my back packs “critical pocket” along with my wallet and licenses. I only open it at the truck, after a kill, and when absolutely necessary. Putting one in a snack pocket is asking for trouble. I have never carried an extra, but I feel I should.

The key for me is using the same spot every time. They go in my back packs “critical pocket” along with my wallet and licenses. I only open it at the truck, after a kill, and when absolutely necessary. Putting one in a snack pocket is asking for trouble. I have never carried an extra, but I feel I should.

Today when I headed out turkey hunting it reminded me that I have an Apple AirTag on my keys! Pretty slick.

I have a pile of them so the man can track all my shiz; wallet, keys, bino case (I had one stolen), and my mountain bike (had one of those stolen too).

For my hunting pants that don't have zippered pockets, I sewed a small key ring into the bottom of a pocket. My keychain has a small carabiner that I clip to the ring.

I have a spare key hidden in a key magnet designed for vehicles. It's on my frame

I have a small carabiner on my keys. There’s a loop in the top of my pack that I can hook it to. If I’m just carrying my chest rig there’s a zippered pocket and the keys will be the only thing in it.

County park, sunny day in December with family. I dragged a picnic table to the middle of a frozen lake for lunch, beers, and ice fishing. It got warm enough to take off my coat and I set it on the table.

Later a gust of wind blew my coat off the table and pitched my key ring out of my pocket into one of the holes in the ice.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back