Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Favre....another year opine

I could really care less if he plays or not. I do think he gives the vikings a better chance to win. I think it is funny how many people get mad when he flip flops. He is not holding anybody hostage. Just like in the real world the team holds the power. If they decided to go on there is nothing he can do. The fact is teams still think he can make them better so they allow him to decide on his terms rather than make him decide.

Fair enough

Bobby McCray hit Favre in what Pereira called “pretty much a direct shot into the back of the legs.”

I can see where some might think it looked like a cheap shot, but IMO, it looked like McCray had already fallen onto another player and slid into Favre's legs, not an intentional hit. I will watch it again (I recorded the game) but you can probably catch it on NFL replay. See if you might agree that it was not as if he ran and dove at his legs.

But then, there's this from last season: "Wed., Nov . 19, 2008 EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen has been fined $25,000 for a recent spate of late hits, but he won’t be suspended.

He’s not planning to reduce his aggressiveness, either...He vowed his approach to pass rushing would not change, even though he’s been fined a total of $80,000 this season — over three separate levies ....Allen was fined $50,000 for two late hits earlier this month on Houston quarterback Matt Schaub, one that injured his knee."

So let's not get all sensitive when it's your QB.

My bad

OK, just got home and watched that play, and I had remembered it wrong. McCray came around the outside, lost his balance as he cleared the tackle, and was sort of falling down as he zeroed in of Favre's legs. Might have warranted a flag, though the refs hit the Saints for 88 yards, some of which even the announcers were saying were unwarranted.

Have a good hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back