favorite side arm for bears

i do carry some bear spray on my belt along with the 357. once im done that bear is going to have a bad day haha

Keep a 40 Sig P229 in camp for potty detail security...too lazy (and homophobic) to carry it hunting.

*...pack a 45 on the bike during trips( to Arkansas) but usually can't remember which saddlebag it's in. Doesn't matter much as the rest of the guys are usually 45 strapped.

Last edited:
What? Homophobic? ?? I carry mine 'cause I'm cool! Dink can't take away my coolness...

I carry a small Browning .22. THat way I shoot my buddy in the leg and run faster than he does wounded. Stops them bar's everytime.

Grizz, rabbid skunk, meth head....they all can eat lead. I hope people carry just because they can.

Smith and Wesson M&P 40c is what I will be carrying this year.

So most everybody is hunting in griz country then? If not, then I am comfortable with 9mm because I am comfortable with it and shoot it a lot.

I carry Taurus tracker 44 mag and bear spray. Bear spray first! And You never know when you will need to send lead quickly.

Grizz, rabbid skunk, meth head....they all can eat lead. I hope people carry just because they can.
i carry because I can.

Kinda sucks when you return to get the last load of meat and an 85 pound bear is on it.

It hurts like hell when a 85 lb one body slams you to the ground. Of course it was my fault, We had one bayed up and fighting with the dogs, I was pulling a dog away and kicking the bear and he wanted a piece of the heal of my boot. needless to say that little sob body slammed me to the ground. I was sore for a week.

Would you guys trust a .40?

I'm not sure with the griz but for blackies i'm sure it' will work. I carry a 42 when bear hunting. It has put down 7 bears with no problem. They were all at a distance of point blank, up to about 20 yds.

It hurts like hell when a 85 lb one body slams you to the ground. Of course it was my fault, We had one bayed up and fighting with the dogs, I was pulling a dog away and kicking the bear and he wanted a piece of the heal of my boot. needless to say that little sob body slammed me to the ground. I was sore for a week

I could see you getting body slammed by that bear when I was reading it. That would have made a great video. :D

It hurts like hell when a 85 lb one body slams you to the ground.

I have a bud who's 6'3" and 220 lbs of long arms a gristle...he pulls a heavy lb compound like a twig...got in a tussle with a <200 lb co black that kicked his arse good and proper. Same guy arrowed a big AK brown in the tall grass years previous.

I carry a .357 or Kimber .45. Neither are the best option but I feel confident making a couple good hits before the bear gets to me. I usually don't carry a sidearm though. Just be sneakier than the bears and your good.

Never been in Griz country but I guess I would carry what I have available, the largest being an XDM45. For upright savages I carry a Glock 19 9mm though I have been looking at the new S&W Shield.

I like what Dinkshooter has to say on this subject, and agree! Sweetnectar you are correct, we all should because we can, so we can. I am partial to Sytes and his weapon of choice there, and have my eye on the Taurus Judge >>> a .410 fer yer hand, is like a red solo cup :)

I like what Dinkshooter has to say on this subject

Dink keeps a cat, therefore his opinion regarding gayness is circumspect at best, camoflauge at worst.

I carry a Kahr CW 40. I am as queer as a $3 bill.

The Glock 36 is an excellent handgun, but a little harder to conceal than the Kahr.

Nothing for me, yep i might be screwed, not permitted to buy a handgun in the UK or US, so bear spray for me.
It was nice knowing you guys.
Cheers
Richard

They don't make them anymore but a have a Taurus Ti .41 mag revolver. packs a punch and pretty light and compact for a magnum.

Back