Favorite animal to hunt?

Spring black bear is at the top of my list. Much more of a relaxed hunt, but at the same time it's very difficult predicting exactly where a bear's going to be. It's the only hunt where I feel like I really accomplished something whenever I even glass one.

Rifle whitetail in November in NW MT and pronghorn anywhere are a close second and third for me.

Bowhunting whitetails, Spring turkey, bowhunting Elk, antelope. . . .all are too close for me to put in order. :D

I think Oryx would be my favorite. Been on several from the initial shoot your chosen animal to it is now a true hunt. Tracked one for several miles in the desert before getting a shot. Barbary is the hardest hunt, spent much of a month slipping on shale and pulling cactus needles out of my rear end. My third, I think, is chasing quail in the desert. A fun hunt!

So far whitetail have been my favorite animal to hunt but I've never been as excited about a deer hunt as I am about my upcoming archery elk hunt. And archery elk is the only thing keeping my mind off of my archery antelope hunt coming up in October. But I will say I will be happy to get back to the familiar whitetail woods where I know a little bit more about what I'm doing and won't feel I'm at such a disadvantage.

I love hunting. In the words of Steven Rinella: " I am a meat eater!!"

Elk are currently at the top of my list as well.

Such a sense of satisfaction to knock such a big animal down, typically in some of the most beautiful country, the meat is great and there is a lot of it.

There's only one favorite. Bar none, it's mule deer. Probably because the bigger older bucks always seem to have a better game plan than I do.

"Most Fun"- Archery Arizona Javelina in January, "Spend the most time at" - Archery Mule Deer, "Most looked forward to" - Archery Bugling Elk, (If I ever draw), ooh wait he question was favorite, take your pick.

Guess it has to be whitetail since that's what I spend my time on. Managed to kill my fair share of them as well!

Calling coyotes. Just to see those rascals running toward you with a napkin around their neck and a fork and spoon thinking it's gonna be an easy meal is great. No season, no limit, just go get them!! I do love me some elk and deer hunting too.

Spot and stalk antelope with a bow for me than hunting buggling bulls in the backcountry and high country mule deer all with bow

Gotta say I'm torn between Barbary Sheep and Elk. Elk is always exciting but Barbary are so tough!

I can't choose just one, so ... Waterfowl, whitetails, elk, mule deer, caribou.

Living in Ohio my whole life it's been archery whitetails ........ But after getting a taste of being in the elk woods in Sept. there is no comparison, my no.1 is now archery elk. Come on Sept.!!!!!!

Hunting has always been in my blood from a very young age. Many critters I haven't chased and am a newbie at elk, and it's a ball for sure. But really, I can't think of anything that gets my blood boilin' more than chasing mature mulies in country that takes my breath away...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back