Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Father and Son Carp Shoot

mthunter

It was just my oldest boy and I on Father's Day this year. We loaded up the guns, and bows for the weekend to see what we could find. We shot a few gophers on Saturday, but I told him I want to find some carp for him to shoot. He has never been able to stick a carp with his bow. I've been trying to explain what it's really like if you find a spawning group of carp. I told him it's just crazy how many, and how easy it is to shoot them.

So we woke up and drove to an area that I had never been carp fishing before. I knew the area and thought it might just be a great spot to try out. When we walked up to the waters edge, both of our mouths just dropped. My son got excited. I then told him he was about to get more dirty than he has ever been. I was right. I had to drag him off the water after 7 hours of shooting. The day will go down as one of the best moments I have had with one of my kids.
>>>---->

>>>---->

>>>---->

>>>---->

>>>---->

>>>---->

>>>---->

This was only a small amount of fish we took out of the lake. I'm estimating we shot close to 400 fish. It was crazy fun!

1z4lj49.jpg
[/IMG]

That looks awesome. Your son will remember that the rest of his life. Congrats to both of you.

I thought you were suppose to use them as fertilizer. That is a lot of stinking fertilizer....and I mean stinking.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back