Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Fatassed jet ski riders banned!! It's about time!

forgot to add. I see more bassboat guys that are way more dangerious than jet skis, they also break the water laws more than the jetskiers.

I fish tournys during the weekends also so I see alot.

Delw

What a load of B.S.

Ithaca could you post a pic or 2 of the damage caused by jet skis????????

Where do people get the idea that they have the right to tell others what they can and can't do to have a little fun?

I don't have a jet ski, I'm not sure I ever will, but I sure aint going to tell somebody else that they can't use one and then go fishing and water skiing from my boat.
I have never been bothered by jet skis, I have had them around quite a bit while fishing from a boat and it hasn't bothered the fishing.

Originally posted by Ithaca 37:
I'm tired of all those damn jet skis tearing up the lakes and scaring all the fish. If they can't stay on designated jet ski trails I think they should be banned from all public waters.
I think Ithaca had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek. Maybe history doesn't give him the benefit of the doubt, but I thought the above was pretty funny.

I know ithaca was playing.

When I goto the game and fish fisheries meetings here in AZ its a common excuess, that and we are fishing and want it quiet, kinda funny coming from a few hundred bass boats pushing 250hp 2 stroke motors at 65-85mphs at 5am

Delw

kinda funny coming from a few hundred bass boats pushing 250hp 2 stroke motors at 65-85mphs at 5am
LMAO! Sounds like the typical hypocritical responses. "We want it quiet when we aren't hauling ass across the lake to get to our favorite bass hole." "They aren't fishing so the have no right to be here."

Just my 2 cents.

The #1 complaint to the Florida Fish & Game, and to the Tampa Coast Guard Aux........

Inconsiderate Jet Skiers!!!!!!!!!!

That comes from Beach Bunnies, pier fisherman, skiers, fisherman (recreation, pro, & commericial), weekend boaters, and all else etc.

As a bunch, in my personal experience, they represent a 'Thrill at all cost' group and disregard basic navagation rules, water ethic, most saftey issues, and are generally just plain rude to other boaters.

If 80% of them pulled the crap they do on the water, on a highway we would be seeing a lot more blue lights and jail time!!!!!!

mike, "Ithaca could you post a pic or 2 of the damage caused by jet skis????????" Every time I find a picture of water erosion caused by jet skis it's filled back in before I can post it. I'll keep lookin. Meanwhile, studies show that the mating habits of carp have been altered by continuous disturbance from trick riding jet skiers doing underwater loops like the cowboy Tom watched in Corpus Christi. Where will it all end?

Delw, pull back into reality.

Keep in mind the issue is not whether or not they need to be on lakes at all, the issue is whether or not they belong in a National Park.

The NP's are a totally different deal. I dont have a problem with them on lakes outside the park. For the record, AZ has some of the best lake management I've seen with the no-wake zones set up near the banks for fishermen, like at Bartlett, Pleasant, Roosevelt, etc. (By the way, a couple weeks ago my buddy and I tore the bass up on Bartlett). Keeps fishermen near the shorelines and the jet skiers, etc. in the middle of the lake. Great management and a great plan. I dont have a problem with jet skis at all in that situation.

That being said, with all the lakes you have to operate a jet ski on, why is it necessary to allow them in National Parks? For several reasons it makes no sense. One being what I already stated, the parks werent set up for a jet skiers playground. They were set up to allow the public a place to observe nature. I agree that the parks are a far cry from the reality of the outdoors, but they give the public a place to experience the outdoors in a somewhat controlled and organized way. The last thing people go to a place like that for is hear and see a pile of jet skiers. Plus with all the other options available, the fact they close down a couple NP's is almost a moot point.

I just dont think there is a need to allow them in a NP, but I certainly have no problem with them elsewhere.

Originally posted by michaelr:
What a load of B.S.

Ithaca could you post a pic or 2 of the damage caused by jet skis????????

YOu might want to take a look at pictures of the Kenai River in Alaska, to see what erosion from wakes will cause for damage.

The state has had to regulate the watercraft up there, to prevent damage to shorelines.

Originally posted by Oak:
From SRR: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />harrass the sportsmen who payed for the whole national park system.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you think that sportsmen fund the National Park Service? Explain to me how.

Oak
</font>[/QUOTE]You might check the Roberti/Roos act. I believe that's where everything is spelled out. This Bill added an 11% tax to all sporting goods to pay for the National Park system as well as fund our refuges. There is one notable exception to the 11% tax,,single and dual passenger water craft. They were taxed at 1 time but removed at the same time as the luxury tax on yachts was repealed.

DAmn buzz your down here in AZ Fishing and dont even call me ;)

Buzz. I believe the Np's are better for jet skiers than our local lakes.

Look at lake mead mojave and havasu those lakes are freaking huge. there is more room for them to have there fun in.

Your right though I believe we (AZ) has the best water management in the USA.

Here in Az the only people bitchen about the jet skiers are the people that fish. They dont bother anyone else.

Delw

Is there more than 1 "Roberti-Roos act? The reason for asking is that it looks like it is the "California Assault Weapons" legislation (1989). :confused:

Originally posted by bluehair:
Is there more than 1 "Roberti-Roos act? The reason for asking is that it looks like it is the "California Assault Weapons" legislation (1989). :confused:
Start with the Pittman/Roberson (or Robertson) act and follow through

Why don't you find what you think is out there and show us, SRR? I'm not going to sit and dig for it. If you know all about it, then you know what to look for. Maybe you know something we don't, so teach us. Otherwise, I don't think sportsmen "payed for the whole national park system."

Oak

Show us how P-R leads to Roberti-Roos, and how that deals with funding for the park service.

Originally posted by Oak:
Why don't you find what you think is out there and show us, SRR? I'm not going to sit and dig for it. If you know all about it, then you know what to look for. Maybe you know something we don't, so teach us. Otherwise, I don't think sportsmen "payed for the whole national park system."

Oak

Show us how P-R leads to Roberti-Roos, and how that deals with funding for the park service.
I already know. Educate yourself.

I'm not a fan of jet ski's. :( had to many of them come flying up next to me when I'm crappy fishing, and MOST don't even know there's a speed limit in the lake canals or on the river. :(

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back