Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Family Trip Success

Gonewest

On our way home. I thought I’d share our experience with you with the hope that it will encourage others to just try.

The Plan: My cousin (Jeff) and I want to take his daughter, my wife and my stepdaughter on their first hunt out west. My son was also coming with doe tags and Jeff’s wife was along for the adventure. We had a very limited time to hunt. We left Michigan around 10pm on Thursday night and drove straight though to Wyoming.

The Preparation: My wife has never hunted before. In fact before this summer she had never shot a rifle. Jeff and I spent some time this summer with all three getting them comfortable shooting.

The Hunt: My son filled a doe tag right away on Friday afternoon. At the end of shooting light we had my stepdaughter setup on a buck but she wasn’t comfortable with the shot so she passed. We had a couple of failed stalks first thing in the morning before Jeff’s daughter, Jeff and I crawled over 300 yards and she dropped a nice buck at 268 yards. We hunted extremely hard the rest of the but weren’t able to connect. First thing Sunday morning we made a quick stalk and my stepdaughter made a good shot on a nice buck at 285 yards. A little later Jeff’s wife spotted a small group with a buck way off so we started another stalk. It was a pretty epic stalk through very open terrain. We finally crawled to 190 yards and my wife dropped the buck where he stood. Her reaction was priceless:)!

The Recap: We had less than two days to hunt. We hunted public land. We had a lot of road time. A lot of people thought we were crazy when I would tell them our plan. They might be right but we created great experiences and made a ton of memories.

1CA4121A-08AF-4DE6-996E-127E8D5DF07E.jpg

2ADA9420-452D-46AB-AF10-D23012E3E503.jpg

03689CC8-909E-42DB-B0E2-A63F08609892.jpg

DDF49CBE-7E4A-4EF6-A771-0BABAE66C14E.jpg

01DE405C-DB0C-47AE-95A3-EA36B624F32A.jpg

Congrats to you and the family! Should inspire more to give it a try.

Did you leave any for the rest of us. Nice work looks like you had a great time with your family.

Way to stay the course and get it done despite the nay-sayers! Lifelong memories made. Great family outing! Congrats!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back