Express UU Bar Ranch

mjk21

All,

First post and looking to book my first elk hunt before my buddy and dive into pure public land. Always heard and read that if you can do a guided hunt first you'll learn some good lessons so my buddy and I are about to book a cow elk hunt with the Express UU Bar Ranch. We've seen the RMEF hunts on TV and YouTube but can any of you comment on how legit this outfitter is? We're older guys who started hunting later in life so its not about the trophy or horn size - we want some meat. My personal experience is tag soup on two deer hunts and success on two pig hunts (bow).

Any feedback on this outfitter and advice would be appreciated!

mjk21

At cimarron?

You would have to be really unlucky to whiff there.

I've known John for ten years. He was Chairman of the RMEF Board of Directors my first two years on the Board. From my interactions, I find him to be an excellent guy; as generous as he is knowledgeable. Prior to his position with the UU Bar, he spent most of his career helping the White Mountain Apache Tribe as they worked to build the world class elk herd they have. He is trained in wildlife science and knows a lot about elk; a background not found in many who have the same occupation.

Hope you have a great time.

In that area I would also think you would have to have bad luck on weather to not get a cow.
Remember even though it is a guided private land hunt you may have extreme weather and snow conditions that make getting around, walking, anywhere hard.
Ask good questions of the outfitter and be honest about your ability to navigate in snow or extreme weather.
Big Fin has answered your questions as to the outfitters reputation and qualities, I would trust his word.
It's beautiful country and I would imagine a great hunt.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back