Ever had a wreck out of state on a hunting trip?

300stw

my parents are on an out of state hunt for a month, they were involved in awreck that totaled their truck

guy ran a stop sign and t boned ther dodge dually, totalling it, they dont carry full coverage insurance, there personal insurance no help

other party insurance said there on there own to get home, they need to stop incurring expenses, only pay 5 days storage on there truck, dad just got out of hospital, non life threating injuries,

if any one has been in the situation, how did you handle it?

were new at this,,,

I'm sorry I have no advice to offer but that is a sucky situation to find themselves in and I hope they come up with a reasonable solution that does not set them back too much. Thankfully they came out of the crash ok.

Sorry to hear about it, crappy situation. do they have a trailer that needs be towed back? If not, would look at a cheap rental car. Maybe uhaul pickup and tow the wrecked pickup home?

So sorry to hear this. Glad the injuries were non life threatening. I had something similar happen on a hunting trip back in 2019.

I ended up renting a truck so we could continue our hunting trip. I kept meticulous records of all expenses we incurred because of the crash. In my situation they totaled my truck so we just left it there and drove the rental truck home. We ended up having to get an attorney and it took almost 3 years (partly because of Covid) to settle with the other parties insurance company. In the end everything was covered including a decent settlement for "pain and suffering". However, it was a total pain in the ass and I'm sorry your folks are going through this.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back