Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ethical ??? for everyone

On my way out of the hunting unit this year in WY, my buddies & I watch a very wounded lope buck hobbling towards private land. It was a nice buck, better than some in our group had taken but all of our tags were full. We watched him get to private land when a truck approached and watched as well. We realized we forgot something back at camp so we went back. Upon return to where the buck was last seen, we found the guys from the aforementioned truck field dressing the now dead buck...on private land. I can only assume they did not have permission to hunt the private because they had only been hunting the public up to that point (we had seen them earlier in the week). They also stopped what they were doing and looked at us like we were going to confront them. We just waved and kept on going, I think they did the right thing even though they could have been cited.

Last edited:
I know every situation is different. I know that tresspassing on private land is pretty serious out west and I don't think I could jepordize my hunting licence for it. I know when and if I ever have to make this decision, it will be 100% between me and my own consious.

I know nature can be cruel and bla, bla, bla. I am just going to help it along if I see fit. I shot 1 doe one time, that crested the hill and walked under my stand and I shot her. when I got to her she had a hole in her neck from being shot. Never would have known it before. My buddy who shot the 6pt this year knew that deer was in trouble, front shoulder was broke with a hole in it. might have been fighting or hit by a car, don't know. He shot a 9 pt years ago that was missing one eye from a fight, never would have known it. And he also shot a 7pt that ran across a open field, down a hedgerow to him and he shot it. when he found the deer it only had 3 leggs. missing one fron leg. Hide grown right over, we couldn't tell what happened to it. So yea, I know these animals can endure alot. But I think we all can look at deer and tell if it's time to............ you know

Great question! This is why I love to hunt. And why do you?....Yep. I shoot. I eat. I enjoy the chance to harvest and to share with family and friends.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back