MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Episode #4 - OTC Colorado Elk Hunt

great show again,,, was wondering about your thoughts of wether colorado otc tag tag is any better than the idaho otc set up ? is quality vs hunter pressure better or worse in either state?been thinkin about idaho otc as its alot closer for me?

,, was wondering about your thoughts of wether colorado otc tag tag is any better than the idaho otc set up ? is quality vs hunter pressure better or worse in either state?been thinkin about idaho otc as its alot closer for me?

Not sure I can comment, given I have never hunted the ID OTC elk units. I know this. I am headed back to CO for another OTC elk hunt again this year. Will again be 3rd Season.

Reason I like 3rd season is that the bulls have been pressured hard and when they are pressured, it is much easier to know where they are going to be. Steep, ugly, nasty, and as far from the trails/roads as possible. In the area I hunt, there is a band of the habitat many miles long, but is not the easiest place to get to.

If you shoot one there, it will be some grunting to get one out. Surely a Mystery Ranch option and a couple days of work. But, what the hell else would I want to be doing for those two days, other than packing out a bull?

I never see as many elk on MT general units as I saw in CO on this OTC hunt. They can be like gophers, once you figure out where they are hanging out.

Excited to go again this year.

Hey Randy love your show I have been watching since the first episode on Dish network.
To bad your brother shot the aspen tree , truth be told we have all done the same thing once in our lives.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenleafoutfitters
Back