Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Engraving/doubles/drilling/Africa

Europe

my apologizes, I did not realize this would offend some and for that I apologize. I have received many comments about that rifle, but no negative comments, until now

Last edited:
OMG. Looked at some of his other guns. Sorry Europe, these are too beautiful not to share.

Moderators, if posting this link is a violation of the forum rules, my apologies as it is not my intent and please remove at your discretion. But dang. These are pretty.

TRIGGER WARNING: there may or may not be guns with engravings of the nude female form somewhere in the following website. I am posting this strictly for the bird one. Click at your own risk!!!!!

OMG. Looked at some of his other guns. Sorry Europe, these are too beautiful not to share.

Moderators, if posting this link is a violation of the forum rules, my apologies as it is not my intent and please remove at your discretion. But dang. These are pretty.

TRIGGER WARNING: there may or may not be guns with engravings of the nude female form somewhere in the following website. I am posting this strictly for the bird one. Click at your own risk!!!!!

I’m offended that people were offended at this.

Once again, I missed whatever it was for this thread to make sense, but if you like over-the-top engraving, I just got a promotional video from Rock Island Auction that featured really crazy engraving. Click at your own risk as someone will find some of it offensive.

Personally, I just mostly find it ugly or at least distasteful. I have rather strange tastes in engraving and the ultra realistic types of engraving. I also have yet to see an enamel inlay that belongs on a gun, but if you want to see some different stuff, this will get you there.

Had to Google it. Fine piece of artwork.
Reminds me of some of the classical artwork residing in the Louvre and other equally offensive museums.

I agree !

If ---- Secret of Artemis sold by Ludwig Borovnik---- upsets you, then you should not visit the Louvre Museum.

I have seen this before and it is a beautiful double. Since it is only produced in one caliber, the 9.3 x 74, and looking at the thread name, April probably was sharing more than just the engraving, but I also missed the opening salvo.s. It looks like happy myles and 9.3 x62 saw and liked it --anyway it is a beautiful rifle with exceptional engraving, I wish I had one

These are gorgeous. We were passing through Dallas and visited Abercrombie and Fitch shortly before it became a teen clothing emporium. Double rifles, English shotguns, all of which they were willing to show us, obv college kids who couldn't buy the ammo. They knew what was coming.

I don't really even care for engraving, but those are exquisite. I'll make an exception for the .22 and 25.06 Coopers my wife gave me. And the 28/20 O/U DU shotguns I bought, but that's to support ducks and wetlands. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Once again, I missed whatever it was for this thread to make sense, but if you like over-the-top engraving, I just got a promotional video from Rock Island Auction that featured really crazy engraving. Click at your own risk as someone will find some of it offensive.

Personally, I just mostly find it ugly or at least distasteful. I have rather strange tastes in engraving and the ultra realistic types of engraving. I also have yet to see an enamel inlay that belongs on a gun, but if you want to see some different stuff, this will get you there.

Clearly I don’t spend enough time perusing high-end firearms. I had no idea there was such a thing as enamel inlays! I confess I may be an uncultured heathen Brent 🤷🏻‍♀️😁

I see what you mean about different tastes. Most aren’t my cup of tea either, though I can certainly appreciate the work and craftsmanship that went into them. Thanks for sharing.

Clearly I don’t spend enough time perusing high-end firearms. I had no idea there was such a thing as enamel inlays! I confess I may be an uncultured heathen Brent 🤷🏻‍♀️😁

I see what you mean about different tastes. Most aren’t my cup of tea either, though I can certainly appreciate the work and craftsmanship that went into them. Thanks for sharing.

Don't worry, it is never to late to acquire culture. Actually, I think heathen is a culture. You just need to figure out how to draw it on steel :)

My few custom engraved pieces are mostly from prehistoric pictographs or cave paintings. So far as I know I'm the only person in the world with pictographs engraved on a rifle.

Just find your style and make your guns to fit. Whether it is a little English scroll, American Folk Art, Italian Gargoyles, or your own creation, all it has to do is make you happy. As serious a bird hunter as you are, you really deserve to the investment. (I love helping other people spend money :) )

Attachments

• Bill Large Hawken lock engraving Lock Front end.jpg
    Bill Large Hawken lock engraving Lock Front end.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • L&R lock colors by Wyoming Armory A.jpg
    L&R lock colors by Wyoming Armory A.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • Highwall with target left side.jpg
    Highwall with target left side.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Don't worry, it is never to late to acquire culture. Actually, I think heathen is a culture. You just need to figure out how to draw it on steel :)

My few custom engraved pieces are mostly from prehistoric pictographs or cave paintings. So far as I know I'm the only person in the world with pictographs engraved on a rifle.

Just find your style and make your guns to fit. Whether it is a little English scroll, American Folk Art, Italian Gargoyles, or your own creation, all it has to do is make you happy. As serious a bird hunter as you are, you really deserve to the investment. (I love helping other people spend money :) )
Wow. Those are unique and beautiful too Brent. Very cool. Maybe I could get on board with designing my own.

If I owned a gun like that Birds of the World one, I would be too terrified to ever take it out. First time I fell in a badger hole and dinged it, I would cry. I can’t work under that kind of pressure. 🤣

Wow. Those are unique and beautiful too Brent. Very cool. Maybe I could get on board with designing my own.

If I owned a gun like that Birds of the World one, I would be too terrified to ever take it out. First time I fell in a badger hole and dinged it, I would cry. I can’t work under that kind of pressure. 🤣
No problem taking them out. Scratches and dents become "patina" and part of the "engraving". Particularly memorable scratches will remind you the favorite dog that clawed it or maybe a hike along a certain stream where you face planted, but was still a great trip. A friend that engraved the highwall cave paintings told me once that engraving was something to enjoy while you sit on a trail waiting for a buck or in a duck blind waiting for a bird. He was right.

You might get really crazy and try engraving your own - I haven't gone there yet, but maybe someday.

This is what makes me cry, and the engraving wasn't hurt at all...
rdMsjiQ.jpg

co08KCk.jpg

I agree !

If ---- Secret of Artemis sold by Ludwig Borovnik---- upsets you, then you should not visit the Louvre Museum.

I have seen this before and it is a beautiful double. Since it is only produced in one caliber, the 9.3 x 74, and looking at the thread name, April probably was sharing more than just the engraving, but I also missed the opening salvo.s. It looks like happy myles and 9.3 x62 saw and liked it --anyway it is a beautiful rifle with exceptional engraving, I wish I had one

Last year both my mom and mother-n-law visited and #1 on their list of to-dos in Boston was visit the Gardner to see the Titian exhibit… 😂

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back