Emergency 911: mule deer down

Jezz

What do you get when you mix too much reality TV, a general unfamiliarity with the outdoors and its critters, and two EMT wanna-bes?

You get a couple of guys who try to perform CPR on a deer that is seconds away from becoming, uh, roadkill, that's what.

Cory Wicks of the Wallowa County Chieftain writes that sheriff's detective Neil Rogers recently responded to a report of a deer that had been hit by a vehicle in downtown Joseph, a small eastern Oregon hamlet. When Rogers arrived, the badly injured deer was being pulled from beneath a trailer.

After parking his car and returning to the scene, the detective said he was surprised to see two men attempting to revive the nearly expired animal by utilizing cardiopulmonary resuscitation, a lifesaving technique usually reserved for humans.

"One guy was giving compressions and the other guy was giving it mouth-to-mouth," Rogers told the local paper.

"I couldn't really look over there because I was starting to laugh too hard. It had to be one of the funniest things I've seen in law enforcement."

Rogers later put the injured animal down by shooting it.

The law enforcement officer speculated that the two men probably hailed from an urban area quite different from the mountains and expanses of rural Wallowa County.

"Probably from Portland or somewhere," he surmised.

I vote that they were from Idaho........maybe Boise or Nampa

I resent that Curly! :D If, in fact, the two were from Nampa, my guess is that one was from the East side, just south of the Airport.......the other is anyone's guess - probably some fag that really like to give mouth-to-mouth to nearly-dead animals!!

Not that the Joseph area is lacking for deer or anything. I'd say that general area will be alright with one less deer in its pop.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back