Elk Success

mthillrunner

Got my bull, a 6x7 yesterday, i'd post a pic, but for some reason it isn't letting me. I quick measured him at 322" gross. There were a couple others his size, a couple rag horns and some cows. Shot him with a 270 at 425 yds. I have never gotten a mature bull, they are an entirely different beast to pack out compared to a cow or rag horn, WOW. My wife helped where she could, she's a stud I think.

Last edited:
Got my bull, a 6x7 yesterday, i'd post a pic, but for some reason it isn't letting me. I quick measured him at 322" gross. There were a couple others his size, a couple rag horns and some cows. Shot him with a 270 at 425 yds. I have never gotten a mature bull, they are an entirely different beast to pack out compared to a cow or rag horn, WOW. My wife helped where she could, she's a stud I think.

Congrats - WOW is right, I learned that lesson this year too.

Had a wolf cross my tracks while hauling a load out, didn't miss him by 20 minutes, and had a lion scream at us from a couple hundred yards away, my wife did not like that. I love that area, but lots a predators

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back