Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk Hunting Camp Etiquette

plumber1969

Hopefully someone on here can give us some insight. This is our first elk hunt and we will be road camping. We have seven areas identified so far with two of those being forest service camp ground. Aside from those two, what is the normal etiquette for distance between camps? I do not want someone on top of me and I am sure it's the same the other way. Any help is greatly appreciated. 3 weeks away!!!

Unless its an established campground with slots your going to be lucky to get a spot thats not right on top of another hunter.

first come first serve.. we camped at a popular area on Taylor Mesa last year and there were lots of people.. but it still had plenty of spots to camp and even walk over and talk/chat with other hunters.

The plus side of camping next to people is chances are you can avoid hunting next to them. Don't mind camping next to someone as much as hunting next to them.

Personally, I want to be out of earshot, preferably eyesight of any campsites. Some places get crowded, and then you just play it by ear. Don't be like that guy who walks into the bathroom and uses the urinal right next to you if there are 10 others available...

It's important to communicate with them to avoid seeing them in a honey hole in the field. We usually exchange intentions and most guys are respectful of this.

Accidentally leave a bottle of whiskey in the neighbors camp. If that doesn't work just mix in the TurboLax.
Problem solved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back