Elk Hunt Gear Review

There had to be fumes coming out from your tent ;):D I'll take your word on it but still pack an extra shirt or two. You guys should of smelt like a Mexican restaurant after 6 days in the same unddies and clothes:eek:

That's me...TOO MUCH STUFF! A flashlight I've never turned on, spare batteries too, 2 writing pens - why would I need even 1? A couple knives, Wyoming saw and extra bullets all useless as I still have those same 3 bullets for my gun after all these years...

When you remove all the redundant stuff and just keep the essentials that pack gets a whole bunch lighter.
I've been wearing wool pants and shirts to hunt in for the last few decades and will continue until the end.

@ Lawnboy , how many of the cliff bars did you put down a day? I have found the bars to be great at one maybe two a day.

@ mnelknut , what brand goretex boots had the "water" problem?

I have always used a piece of thread, about 15" long for wind indicator. Never had a problem in wet weather, usually if it was that wet I just used my breath or any movement of fog ( or Dad's smoke from his cig, lol )

Good post thanks.

Another vote for the Merino. I ordered a set of Firstlite from Promotive this year and used it on my WY Muley/Antelope trip last week. Sweated like crazy, but after wearing the same top and bottoms for 6 days of hunting, no stink. I was almost in disbelief becasue pretty much every other piece of gear I owned smelled pretty ripe.

I am a believer and will be ordering more from Promotive before they run out.

Minnesota,

I've been ordering the Minus 33 from Promotive (black not camo) and it seems to be really good stuff too.

JLS

That Minus 33 looks like a good deal. I might order some of that in black. I have no idea what some of the brands on Promotive even are, I guess I should take a closer look at them because I had no idea what Minus 33 was.

Thanks

Me either until I got tired of the First Lite always being out of stock. After I did a little research I found out it was pretty good stuff.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back