NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Elementary Shooting

Arming my kid's teacher would make me feel better. She is an iraq war vet. I would buy her an ar-15 and a drawer full of loaded magazines if I could. I guarantee she could lay some crap down.

If it makes people feel better to try to legislate their way out of these things, I'm good with it.

People with the intention of doing harm will find a way. Having a rent-a-cop at the entrance wont stop it. That just makes you feel better...that you're doing something.

Legislation cant trump a psycho with the intention of killing folks.

That's right. This was obviously a "plan" and could have easily included a way to kill the security guard if one had been there.

My problem is how all the libs and media jump straight to guns this and guns that. I will guarantee this idiot was abusing alcohol, most likely has been on or currently on psychotropic meds, and/or doing illegal drugs. These are usually the root of what turns a normally sane person, or near sane, into a suicidal monster and they are ALWAYS given a pass by said libs and media.

Yeah, and CT has fairly strict gun laws. Of course, we'll hear the argument that hi-cap magazines should be banned. Hi-cap or single-shot, a demented adult is going to be able to kill a ton of kindergartners before the police arrive.

That's right. This was obviously a "plan" and could have easily included a way to kill the security guard if one had been there.

Keep in mind these school killers aren't any kind of seasoned mercenaries either. They kill so many because no one else there has a gun. I would feel better with the dough-nut eating security guy wearing a bullet proof vest seated in a secure area over more gun control laws

The news is saying now that the guns that were used were actually the mother's and legally bought. How are stricter guns laws going to stop that?

The news is saying now that the guns that were used were actually the mother's and legally bought. How are stricter guns laws going to stop that?

Well, we're going to need to you to bring all your family members in who may have access to your house, have them all go through Psych evaluations, then in a few months we'll let you know if you are safe to own a weapon.

Keep in mind these school killers aren't any kind of seasoned mercenaries either.

I agree. But they have the edge because they arent planning on going home to their families.

The security guard being paid $12/hour is going to be chitting down both pant legs when the wheels come off the wagon.

I cant blame them...

Keep in mind these school killers aren't any kind of seasoned mercenaries either. They kill so many because no one else there has a gun. I would feel better with the dough-nut eating security guy wearing a bullet proof vest seated in a secure area over more gun control laws

I guess I would too, but I'm not convinced it would prevent anything.

Absolutely terrible event! My thoughts and prayers with everyone effected!

Big hug for the young ones!

Meanwhile this same day, 22 chinese school children were attacked by a mentally fubar'd nutjob with not a gun, but a knife. August of this yeat in China - same type of event at a school, 8 children killed by a person with a knife.

There are terrible people in this world! :( Gun, knife, vehicle, bat, rock, fist... Some really sick people in this world!

Like I said from the start...if it makes people feel better, by all means hire a security guard.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all that lost loved ones today. Nothing can be said or done to take the pain away from the families of the victims. Every holiday season they will have to remember and endure the loss all over again. This makes the bad days we think may be so terrible in our own lives pretty insignificant. I think we should all take the time to be gratefull for what we still have and take a little extra time to do something nice for someone else that may need it.

Way too early for debate fellas. I'm going to hug my 5 yr. old.Its a sad day for our nation.

Yep, all the what-ifs and pro or anti discussions can come later. This is a really tough deal. My heart goes out to those people. mtmuley

at a time like this,revalation 21:3-4 comes to mind.
what a sad day this is,my prayers go out to the familys of the slain.

Brutal. First the shooting at Clackamas Town Center mall and now this. The mall shooting was 2 miles from my house and hit really close to home since my wife is a store manager and in the retail world.

They just reopened it today and only a few short hours later a new tragedy is in the news.

Crazy.

this shooting was crazy,i live in oakgrove,and this shooting was tragick,and stupid.:eek:

Terrible situation. Can't imagine what those families are going through right now. My prayers are with them.

I agree that nutjobs will always be able to do harm. It's impossible to provide a resolution to events like this. I think having a security guard at the school would have just upped the death toll by one as he'd be a sitting duck and most likely unprepared. A trained individual with a concealed weapon and mentally able to react to the situation would probably be the best preventor if he/she were lucky enough to be in the right position at the right time.

God help me to make a difference someday.

Way too early for debate fellas. I'm going to hug my 5 yr. old.Its a sad day for our nation.

Can we debate last weeks shooting in Clackamas?

How about Octobers Batman shooting in Aurora? We seem to put off a national discussion as "too soon". Too often.

Can we debate last weeks shooting in Clackamas?

How about Octobers Batman shooting in Aurora? We seem to put off a national discussion as "too soon". Too often.

So start a separate thread already so we can see what the great Jose's opinion on the matter is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back