Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Electronic Predator Calls

IdahoDawg

I am thinking about getting an electronic call for me and my son to use on coyote hunts. Any experience with theses. Any recommendations on which ones work the best?

caller

Foxpro Firestorm. I had the prairie blaster but its too heavy and bulky to carry around. The firestorm will do the trick. That being said, I use it only 20% of the time I go and mostly during the mating season. For distress sounds, I go mouth call. Electronic calls are a good way to educate coyotes. Play the sound for 3 minutes tops and then sit for 15 mins. Repeat a second time w 3 min of calling and 15 sitting. If nothing comes in, move a half mile and try it again. Coyotes will only come if they are A) hungry, B) can hear the call and most importantly C) if they havent been shot at while going to a call.
Nik

Idaho Dawg,
I have used a Western Rivers ecall for over eight years. Everybody that I know here in NV has a Fox pro. I upgraded to the Western Rivers Apache this year. The Apache and Firestorm are both good calls. The sounds between the two calls are different. The Apache comes with a decoy. I don't use it. I bought a Primos Sit n Spin instead (Spanky) Turn Spanky on and walk away. The only complaint that I have with the Apache is that the call is not rechargeable. Got to keep plenty of AA batteries. The call will last three days (six sets a day) before i have to replace the batteries.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back