Electronic handwarmer / battery pack?

Paul in Idaho

Have any of you ever used one of these? It sounds like a good dual-purpose tool if it works as advertised.

The EnergyFlux Slim provides everything you've come to expect from the original EnergyFlux, keeping your hands warm and toasty at all times AND never letting your phone or other mobile devices run out of battery. EnergyFlux Slim can charge digital products up to 5 times (depending on battery size of device being charged) before its own power is depleted, making it convenient for occasions when power sockets aren't easily accessible.

http://www.human-creations.com/node/31

Very interesting! I haven't even heard of them, but one of those in a hand muff would be a welcome addition to my gear list for long tree stand sits. I've bookmarked that as I'm thinking I'll have to try one.

It charges up to 500 times. A portable solar usb charger would be good to have, so you can recharge in the wild. If you get one that is flexible, you can hang it on your pack or jacket. This could also charge your gps or cell phones.

I bought one, so here's a review.

I got it in late spring so I haven't had a chance to use it in real conditions, but have put it through a few tests.

It does get very warm, but doesn't seem to be able to keep up with how quickly really cold hands drain the heat. I had a couple people whose hands are always cold try it out, and they both said it wouldn't be enough for them.

My hands don't usually give me much trouble, so I think it will be fine for my needs. I just need enough to keep my trigger finger from being too stiff. I am most interested in having the battery backup available for my gadgets.

I was hoping to also use it to keep my phone, GPS, and camera batteries functional while late season duck hunting. To test it, I put the warmer and GPS into my Pelican case in the freezer at 0˚ for an hour. Unfortunately, the warmer wasn't able to keep the GPS batteries from getting too cold to function.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back