Eberlestock X2 Pack

Bowhunter60

I use an Eberlestock X2 pack. I really like it, it's comfortable and it allows me to carry pretty much what I want. My only frustration is that it doesn't come with a place for a water bladder. I'm told I can just slip the bladder in one of the side pouches, and on some day hunts that's doable as I'm not carrying all my gear in the pack. The other issue with it is the rifle holder. It's not mounted on the pack and clipping it to the Molle straps on the side is a little cumbersome on some hunts.

I saw on one of Randy's shows a nifty rifle holder that looked like you just slip the butt of the rifle in the holder and connect it to the pack shoulder strap. Anyone have any idea who makes that?:confused:

I use an Eberlestock X2 pack. I really like it, it's comfortable and it allows me to carry pretty much what I want. My only frustration is that it doesn't come with a place for a water bladder. I'm told I can just slip the bladder in one of the side pouches, and on some day hunts that's doable as I'm not carrying all my gear in the pack. The other issue with it is the rifle holder. It's not mounted on the pack and clipping it to the Molle straps on the side is a little cumbersome on some hunts.

I saw on one of Randy's shows a nifty rifle holder that looked like you just slip the butt of the rifle in the holder and connect it to the pack shoulder strap. Anyone have any idea who makes that?:confused:

A Kifaru Gunbearer will do the trick. https://store.kifaru.net/gun-bearers-p30.aspx

If you like the pack, get the x1a. It is basically the same pack with a built in scabbard, and a built in hydration pouch.

I've used the likes of the bunbearer,(not the gunbearer specifically) not my cup of tea as i dont like my rifle exposed to all the tree branches, rocks and whatever else I may encounter while hunting. I like my rifle/optics protected by a full scabbard.

X1a is not quite as capable of an "all around pack" in my opinion. It has a plastic frame sheet as opposed to the wire frame of the x2.

Though neither are great heavy haulers, I've used both a lot over the years and the x2 is a lot better with heavy loads.

Get a gun bearer as mentioned and throw on a Solo Hunter cover if you want full coverage.

I have the X2 as well and use the side pocket for a bladder on one side and my spotter on the other side. As for the rifle--- could you use the eberlestock 'bow bucket' attachment and then a solo hunter cover over the top??

@Hunt1up, "A Kifaru Gunbearer will do the trick. https://store.kifaru.net/gun-bearers-p30.aspx"

That's the kind of rig I'm looking for. But, will it work on the Eberlestock pack?

Last edited:
@Duckhunter, "I have the X2 as well and use the side pocket for a bladder on one side and my spotter on the other side. As for the rifle--- could you use the eberlestock 'bow bucket' attachment and then a solo hunter cover over the top??"

That's a possibility.

Last edited:
Bowhunter60--- I will try to rig that up this weekend and see how it sits in a pack and how far up the rifle sticks above the pack. The bow bucket works great for a 32" ATA bow... not sure on a 46"+ long rifle.

On the gunbearer system. I think there are some youtube vids that have it mounting onto non-Kifaru packs.

I was reading through this older thread and it sounds as though you like the X2. I'm thinking of getting this coming year and my only question is do you think it is big enough for a 2-3 bivy trip. I can't afford a $400-500 pack and was hoping the X2 could do both bivy and day pack.

I was reading through this older thread and it sounds as though you like the X2. I'm thinking of getting this coming year and my only question is do you think it is big enough for a 2-3 bivy trip. I can't afford a $400-500 pack and was hoping the X2 could do both bivy and day pack.

If it were me i would just get a regular backpacking pack like an osprey or gregory. Can get a really nice pack for about the same price of the x2 and the backpacking pack will have a better suspension. I got a osprey for my son and he really likes it, summers he can backpack and fall he uses it to hunt. If we have to haul meat we use a contractors garbage bag to line the pack to keep the blood off the pack.

This pic he has half a deer, the skull and his dayhunting gear in the pack..

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back