Eastmans Journal !!What the HECK!!!!!!

Muley Crazy

I started ordering Eastmans about 7 years ago because I enjoy reading about the average hunter that takes hunting to a new level, but still hunt's D.I.Y./On your own, no guides, no private land, and has a job that requires them to somewhat/sometimes show up to work and earn a living. Now its all about win a hunt with Guy Eastman. I don't pay $40.00 a year to read ads and see pics of the new Eastmans Bow hunting Journal Editor on the cover of his magazine !!! LAME :mad: I want to see the guys and gals that harvest a great critter and take some good pics. Last year they had Mike Waddell ( The Bone Collector ) on the cover !! He has his own show!!!! I don't want to read about his guided mule deer hunt. Hell if the mag is going to be about hunting STARS lets see more Pic's of Tiffany Lakosky (The Crush ) smoking moster white's out her back door. I could at least tear those pics out and hang them in my office !!! :hump: HUNTING FOOL the check is in the mail !!

Last edited:
My wife got me a 1-year subscription to EBJ for my birthday this year. I like reading the hunter's stories, but I also did a hefty eyeroll when I got it and David Long was on the cover. It'd be one thing if it was a "new" hunt or story, but it was a photoshopped retread. That said, I've enjoyed Long's contribution to the mag so far.

Personally I think Huntin Fool blows eastman away. They have plenty in HF to cater to the big dollar crowd but they publish stories by average joes. The mag is top quality but I wouldn't mind a Tiffany cover once a year :D

Don't forget, Eastman's are in the business to make money, and trophy shots make money. There's been at least three issues of EBJ (that I know of) with friends of mine on the cover with monster bulls, and not one of those bulls were taken on public land. And, half of the shows I catch on OC, the Eastman's are on guided hunts. That's what makes OYOA stand out. All DIY and Fairchase.... I don't care if you're on public land or private land. People glorify public land hunts, but at the same time, some bitch at land owners for not allowing hunting, when all they have to do is ask. Don't forget that most all landowners will allow hunting to some extent.

A friend of mine that went to school and grew up with one of the Eastman's tells me that on accasion, they pay high price leases to a landowner to gain access to public land. Is it fair to advertise that as a public land hunt? This is of course rumor, and if someone can set me straight on this, I would be fine with that.

On the other hand, I do enjoy their show and their magazine when I pick up a copy or catch it on OC.

I really hate to see hunting become a full contact extreme sport...I always liked the traditions...respecting the game...and trying a few tricks of my own

Last edited:
All the others aside...and they tend to ALL be morphing into 1 pot of the same frickisy. I saw the 1st show on OYOA last week and was IMMEDIATELY drawn to take a look at it's website. Sure, it's interesting to see a grand hunt periodically...and I'd like to take one like that someday. But OYOA was doing it the way myself, my buddies, my dad, my grandpa all do/did it...and it struck a cord. And I really hope to learn some ways I can expand my abilities and opportunities thru OYOA and the folks on these forums. That to me is exciting...I love to hunt...and to me it's about hunting, commradre, the set up, placing myself or others in proximity of game, matching wits with the elements and the game. Sometimes I 'm successful and sometimes I only gain some experience. But I always walk away a better person...and ready for the next chance to try what I've learned.

Hunting Fool

I seem to get a lot of hunting magazines. The Hunting Fool group and the Muley Crazy group are about as good as they get. These hunters put ever effort to help out regular everyday working hunters to be successful. I have used them and would refer them to anybody wanting not only a great magazine but a support group to help you along your hunting goals whatever they maybe.

All the others aside...and they tend to ALL be morphing into 1 pot of the same frickisy. I saw the 1st show on OYOA last week and was IMMEDIATELY drawn to take a look at it's website. Sure, it's interesting to see a grand hunt periodically...and I'd like to take one like that someday. But OYOA was doing it the way myself, my buddies, my dad, my grandpa all do/did it...and it struck a cord. And I really hope to learn some ways I can expand my abilities and opportunities thru OYOA and the folks on these forums. That to me is exciting...I love to hunt...and to me it's about hunting, commradre, the set up, placing myself or others in proximity of game, matching wits with the elements and the game. Sometimes I 'm successful and sometimes I only gain some experience. But I always walk away a better person...and ready for the next chance to try what I've learned.

Welcome to Hunt Talk and On Your Own Adventures! Sounds like you'll fit in perfectly with everyone else here.

I dont get EHJ Magazine but I normally enjoy there TV show. Lately it does seem like they are on a lot of guided hunts and on ranches. That is what turned my attenion to OYOHA. I do not get to hunt as much as I would like to but the way OYOHA does it is the way I prefer.

I think Tiffany should make a guest appearance on OYOA, and leave Lee @ home. I'll be glad to outfit that camp.:)

I've mostly hunted private land back in Kentucky, but since moving to Oregon I am getting out to the National Forest areas, and hunting on my own. I am hoping that OYOA will help lead me to some good information to use this fall, and yes I have a picture of Tiffany pinned on my tent also.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back