Drew a Unit 560 Tag MT And Looking For Possible Hunting Partner!

Ryan2388

After going to college for many years in Montana and not drawing an Antelope tag I finally drew one after I just moved back. This will be my first Antelope hunt and was wondering if anybody else drew a 560 tag and was looking for a hunting partner? Any information on unit 560 would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Never hunted that unit. Hopefully someone has. Welcome to the site. Good luck with the hunt.

I haven't been in 560 since the bad winter a couple years ago, but the herd had been hit pretty hard. Hopefully they have recovered nicely. There are some good block management units in 560 that can hold a lot of antelope. The Comanche area is flat with real tall sagebrush (6 foot in places). There are a lot of county roads, but also good areas to walk into and get away from people.

Block Management information will be available August 15th.

Good luck!

Every goat I've killed was in 560. One was 15. The rest have been little guys. Have your herd picked out and arrive at your spot early on opening day. Being so close to billings, it gets a lot of attention.

Have you made it out antelope hunting? Let me know if you need some info. I connected on a buck earlier this week. Weekdays are definitely the way to go.

I just got back last night from hunting with a buddy. We hunted two days and hunted hard, walked at least 12 miles. Looked at many groups and all doe's. I did see one nice buck but he disappeared as I did not want too shoot 500 yards. At last lite I had a young buck run through and took him as meat buck. All the bucks I saw while scouting gone. Awesome hunt though. Did you see any good bucks?

Last edited:
I had pretty much the same experience. Nice goats spotted during archery season but couldn't find them after opener. Lots of guys driving around everywhere- literally. Found this buck in a herd of about 30. 3 bucks in the group and he was the biggest. 2.5 mile stalk and a long crawl through the wheat to get him. Not many animals but a fun hunt anyway. Glad to hear you filled your tag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 237
Back