MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

dream bow

slamdmini

i was thinking the other day, if i could have any bow, regardless of cost, what would i want? since im always on a strict budget i really dont kno much about top of the line bows. so what would ur guys dream bows be? and just for fun what would be ur bow on a budget?

My Mathews Z7 is a couple of years old now, but I love it and don't see myself upgrading anytime in the near future. If I was on a budget, and I'll be buying one soon for a backup bow, it would be a Mission Riot.

on a budget - hoyt rampage XT.

no budget, check out the elite bows. smoothest bow I have ever had in my hand.

I just bought it.

If I was on a budget I would peruse the classifieds on Archery Talk. You can pick up 4-5 year old bows for several hundred bucks. Oftentimes you can find a package deal for a song and a dance.

Attachments

• Bowtech 002.jpg
    Bowtech 002.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 959
Hoyt spyder 34 or faktor 34. Pse source or pse momentum. Get great deals on last years models, hoyt spyder or the pse vendetta. But the new z5 cam from hoyt is BA

I purchased a new bow a few yeas ago after shooting every high end be on the market. I ended up with the Z7ext.. and I love it and don't see myself in the he market for a new one anytime soon. As far as a budget bow I'm not sure. I'm looking into a recurve or a long bow for the spring.....:cool:

Bow on a budget - a used Elite Z28, Hunter, GT500

Bow to spare no expense - a new Elite Energy.

Go check out the Archerytalk classifieds. Plenty of top end bows from the last few years for considerably less than retail. Bows depreciate terribly. With the abundance of used bows on the market a guy can have top quality for bargain bow prices. I'm partial to Elite, but there's lots of good stuff from all the manufacturers out there. For example, my current rig is a 2013 Elite Hunter. I bought it in perfect condition last summer from AT for $500, new it was $800+.

Do the same with the accessories. You can get sights, rests, and quivers all at a discount if you buy used. Much of it is perfect too. Some guys are archery junkies and buy/sell a dozen rigs a year.

I picked up my Hoyt Carbon Matrix new off of Archerytalk. A shop was trying to get rid of previous years bows, so I was able to get it for $800 and they threw in a set of Winner's Choice strings.

It has been a great bow, but the new Bowtechs and Elites look pretty sweet!

I just purchased a new Hoyt Faktor 30 and while it wasn't cheap I bought it instead of the Carbon Spyder because it has the same specs and is $400 cheaper. I went with Spot Hogg sights, Hoyt branded QAD rest, 10"/8oz B-Stinger, and Tight Spot quiver.

Haven't got to shoot it much due to the weather but so far I like it. I guess you could say it is my "dream bow" to an extent.

Last edited:
My current bow is a Hoyt Alpha Max, I love this bow but the want of a new bow is eating at me and to have a backup bow on trips out west is my main purpose. So with that said I will be ordering a new Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo by the end of this week, just trying to make final decision on colors & equipment. Don't go shoot this bow,,,,,if you know what I mean. :D

Elite Energy 35, I just got this one a few weeks ago, already shooting my best 3d scores I have ever shot...it is just easy to shoot. Dead in hand and very quiet...still fast too. Love it.

Some body should take pity on me and sell me a newer bow cheap! I''m tired of carrying that 2007 Ross 34 "boat anchor" around the hills.

I shot the Hoyt carbon spyder the other day and all I can say is WOW! Crazy smooth, quiet and zero shock. Didn't have enough credit to take a loan out though.:eek:

I am still shooting a Mathews Z7 and I have not had an inkling to try anything since. I keep telling myself that the bow technology has slowed so I do not need to bother...

I shot the Hoyt carbon spyder the other day and all I can say is WOW! Crazy smooth, quiet and zero shock. Didn't have enough credit to take a loan out though.:eek:

The Spyder is a very nice bow. I shot one twice while I was shopping. The Z5 cams draw really nice.

I just got back into bowhunting after a long absence.

Cashed in some airline miles for a Bear Motive 6. I was able to shoot a few bows before purchasing - and I really liked how the Motive 6 shot.

I can't believe how far bow technology has come. I really enjoy shooting and forget why the hell I ever stopped.

So right now this is my dream bow.

I just found a 2013 Elite Answer (70#, Max-1) on Archerytalk for $450. I wish I could tell you that it is still available, but coincidently I am no longer looking for a backup bow ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back