Draft out on "Revise FWP super tag program laws"

sapperJ24

Section 1. Annual lottery of hunting licenses -- residents only. (1) For each deer
11 or elk license purchased by a resident, as defined in 87-2-102, the department shall award the resident one free
12 chance in the lottery established by this section.
13 (2) The commission may issue one license each license year for one of the following:
14 (a) shiras moose;
15 (b) mountain sheep; or
16 (c) mountain goat.

My reading of it, if you buy your hunter combo, you get two chances in a new super tag lottery. If I buy 7 mule deer doe tags, is that 7 more chances? Plus two Elk B, some regional white tailed tags. So like 13 chances. Old super tag at $5 a pop is cheaper than another doe tag though.

They're giving away free chances for resident tag purchases.

How is that raising revenue for block management?

Jack Nicholson GIFs | Tenor

They're giving away free chances for resident tag purchases.

How is that raising revenue for block management?

I think @Ben Lamb’s point is that this doesn’t raise revenue.

So glad we have folks who are willing to bring such important management legislation to the floor. Opportunity policy such as this is way more important than figuring out ways to limit over exploitation of deer and elk.

I think what he's trying to point out is that this could rob some money from BM funding.
Well, they can make up for it with $20 elk tags.

I donate enough to BM with my native licenses to give Montana residents some free super tag chances I guess.

When the bill is sponsored by the Speaker of the House, it is going to be tough to kill it. I see it is not yet schedule for a Committee hearing.

Anyone know Matt Regier (Columbia Falls or Kalispell) or know someone who knows him? That's the best chance to bill this.

Another in the long list of problems with these type of tags.

And another example of folks who view wildlife solely through the lens of “Get some!” without caring whether there is a sustainable surplus that justifies harvest.

To paraphrase a purported quote from a Blackfoot hunter that if there were only mice to hunt they would hunt mice…

“If the only animal that remains in Montana is a mouse, someone in the legislature will introduce a bill to ensure more opportunity to kill that mouse.”

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back