Dont worry about the student loan forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

belshawelk

I just got informed I owe and additional $9,800 on top of the over $42,000 I already paid them

My door prize for having the best year in my career. Some of this is from capital gains on stocks I cashed in on, because god forbid to try and invest your money and make a little I will make the first payment on your all debt of $300,000,000,000 tomorrow.

Oh, and of course I got a penalty as an additional door prize.

Bastards

Last edited:
I have been paying on my student loans for over 10 years—every month, through the pandemic deferments, at about the rate of the payment on a new pickup truck—and have already paid back a fair bit more than what I borrowed. Still owe a whole bunch. I couldn’t have my current career without my degrees, but man, I was so financially illiterate when I took out those loans. And boy did they make it easy to get that money.

So, I’ll take what I can get.

I have been paying on my student loans for over 10 years—every month, through the pandemic deferments, at about the rate of the payment on a new pickup truck—and have already paid back a fair bit more than what I borrowed. Still owe a whole bunch. I couldn’t have my current career without my degrees, but man, I was so financially illiterate when I took out those loans. And boy did they make it easy to get that money.

So, I’ll take what I can get.
Tell me why as a guy that has busted his ass his whole life without " student" debt that this is ok. Maybe I am missing something. mtmuley

You're welcome. I never owned a new vehicle, camper, boat, house or ATV in my life. I did pay off my loan instead and like a damn fool put 20K into a fund for my kid. He spent half of it already and today at dinner I informed him that he cannot use the rest and has to take out a loan for it. The vote buying will happen again in 2 years and I would be a DAMN FOOL to be responsible and actually pay off my kids loan, much less have him pay for it. I am sick of the welfare. No one made you take out your damn loan, you pay for it yourself. This is the message that captain senile just sent

I’m one of the “idiots” that paid all my loans back. I’m curious what any forgiveness accomplishes while still writing new loans? If we as a country think bailing people out is a solution then at least stop putting people in that situation.

Tell me why as a guy that has busted his ass his whole life without " student" debt that this is ok. Maybe I am missing something. mtmuley
I'll give it a shot.

Maybe it's because we are ok with all the hard work at the start, abit costly resulting in debt, so we can have a job that isn't necessarily one that requires us to have to bust our ass off out entire lives but rather pay that debt off, then take that payment and invest it wisely so at age 50 we can retire and still be able to hunt before our bodies say no!

This is pure vote buying. If you think otherwise you need your head examined. A real politician would go after the "ROOT CAUSE" (yeah i like that term) and bitch slap these schools that are charging as much as they do and stop the predatory lending. And don't even get me going on people so stupid they can't make a decision on getting a degree that can't even support the loan they take out.

I'll give it a shot.

Maybe it's because we are ok with all the hard work at the start, abit costly resulting in debt, so we can have a job that isn't necessarily one that requires us to have to bust our ass off out entire lives but rather pay that debt off, then take that payment and invest it wisely so at age 50 we can retire and still be able to hunt before our bodies say no!
Your body, your choice... your loan, your choice. Pay it off slacker

Are some you really that thick that you don't understand your loan is not forgiven?? the debt is transferred to the rest of us and you can't understand why some of us are pissed?

I'll give it a shot.

Well then. You are welcome. Hope you have a great career. Between one of my kids and myself, no student debt. One more to go. mtmuley

I’ll gladly see the debt forgiveness…

Makes up for getting ripped off on my enlistment contract for the loans “congress didn’t fund” all those years ago I paid back on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back