Caribou Gear Tarp

Don Peay claims to have the power to kill wolf bill

shoots-straight

Over on Monster Muleys, Don P and I are having a little discussion about the new wolf bill that is inserted into the Republican budget. He claims it's not good enough for the SFW, and RMEF crowds, and McCain, and Rehberg, among others are going to kill it once it gets to the Senate. They really don't want a wolf bill or the wolf issue settled. This things been a cash cow for the Defenders lawyers, and it's also done the same for Peay's group. Great membership drive, and Rehberg is going to use this to seat himself as Montana's next Senator over Tester. Remember last fall, Rehberg going from town to town in Montana, calling it "Town Hall Meetings". These "MEETINGS" were orchestrated to look like Rehberg was getting to the bottom of the wolf issue, and he was hearing everyone's rants. In reality, it was his kick off campaign, at Tax payers expense.

They need Tester to fail. I could use a little help over there. You know how birds of a feather are. He has a blind following.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/17489.html#19

Shoots - Hear is my spin on it.

What you state, is true. He has a blind following. MM is that last place you are going to change minds as it relates to wolves, or dkpeay.

I had written a long reply after reading that this morning. But, realized the futility and how much the energy can be used to something else, where I think the outcome will be positive and make a difference.

I admire you for never giving up.

Sorry to be a bail out on that one. Just allocating my energy toward Helena issues.

Heard enough about Don Peay to know he's the hunting cult leader in Utah LOL!

MM is an interesting website, thats for sure. I've met enough Utah boys hunting here in CO, to know that they have really lost what hunting use to be about. They no longer have fun when they hunt, its just a competition to see who can shoot the biggest animal

Thanks guys. I hope it has an impact on the people that read these forums and never post. I see were Hunt talk always has about 3 times the people lurking, compared to members. It might help get the word out in some small way. At least you set the record straight and took away Peay's propaganda page.;)

I'm not worthy!:W:

Shoots Straight, While I may agree/disagree on your wolf position, I hate the fact that things like this are being "inserted" into a budget bill.

Shoots Straight, While I may agree/disagree on your wolf position, I hate the fact that things like this are being "inserted" into a budget bill.

Zach - I think we all would prefer items to get proposed as their own legislation. None of it happens that way.

In our CPA firm, we subscribe to a research service that sorts every law that passes Congress, as everyone of them have tax provisions hidden or buried in them. The Health Care bill really should have been titled the 2010 tax complication bill. There were almost as many tax provisions in there as there were health care provisions.

Wish it was how you stated, but it never will be. And as such, I am on board with whatever it takes to get MT control of wolves within our boudaries.

Even if some western Senator needs to be embarrassing themselves in a Minneapolis airport bathroom stall.

Zach - I think we all would prefer items to get proposed as their own legislation. None of it happens that way.

In our CPA firm, we subscribe to a research service that sorts every law that passes Congress, as everyone of them have tax provisions hidden or buried in them. The Health Care bill really should have been titled the 2010 tax complication bill. There were almost as many tax provisions in there as there were health care provisions.

Wish it was how you stated, but it never will be. And as such, I am on board with whatever it takes to get MT control of wolves within our boundaries.

Even if some western Senator needs to be embarrassing themselves in a Minneapolis airport bathroom stall.
I guess we have to keep feeding the pigs to keep their bellies fat. It's truly sad that our legislation has become that way. So much for being "public" servants. Didn't say I would/wouldn't support it, but it just irritates me to no end that is the way of the world these days.

Ah yes, I try to avoid "those" bathroom stalls...:eek:

I tried throwing you some support, but the fact that I have a Buzz replica blow up doll in my closet got in the way. I`ll stick to taking pictures of deer horns.

Hey, shoots-straight....keep pounding away on the message, buddy (...guess nobody cares...). It's amazing how fast peoples' eyes glaze over when you hammer on the boring everyday issues like biology based wildlife management, quality habitat, access to our resources, and the oh so brutally ridiculous politics of it all. The coolest guns, biggest racks (animal and human), and hunting stories are always a big draw. Hopefully by the 2011 hunting season, our-yawn-rabble rousing efforts will yield victories......like retained access to retained good habitat that still is worth hunting in. Maybe we'll all get to have more big rack stories.

:D I gave up. looks like Oak and others like SS are doing fine in my absence.
I don't have the energy for on-line battles any more. Every once in a while I'll spout off when I read a real line of BS, and then wonder why I did it, because I really don't want to spend the energy to stay and fight the fight. Big Fin just picked me up yesterday on one of my hit-and-runs.:D

That being said, if what I've seen coming down the pike for CO in the last week comes to fruition, you can bet I'll be fighting to the bloody end. :eek:

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back