Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Does this thing make my azz look fat?

Originally posted by Colorado Oak:
Bluehair, it sounds like you are only asking that ATV's be allowed on roads that are legally open to passenger vehicles (whether or not the vehicle can do it). If that's the case, I don't think you'd get many arguments from the anti-ATV crowd here.

Oak
Oak,
I don't think there is an "AntiATV crowd" here, I just think there is a Pro-hunting, Pro-Elk, Pro-Deer crowd here that knows that Fat-Assed ATV riders ruin the experience and the land. All negatives, with ZERO positives.

Originally posted by WH:
WS, I think Ithaca and some others simply take an extreme viewpoint, so when there is a compromise made, they get something they can live with.
Yeah well reading every goddamn post about FAT ASS ATV riders and all the damage we all do is bullshit! He can't seem to acknowledge some of us care and are responsible, don't hunt from them but enjoy riding! Everything he posts about the subject is negative, so I'll be a negative asshole till he can see some of us do care and aren't FAT ASS ATV people! ^^^^^^ See Elkgunners post above, they $*)Q!#@$ have a one way mind and that's it, their is no compromise or rational thinking, there just just plain pricks so let it be! We'll fight about this shit till hell feezes over and I'm in it for the long haul! #*^@#* them!!!

Wapiti Slayer,

Please tell us all the "positives" from having ATVs on our Public Lands? Please tell me how the Deer and Elk populations benefit from aTVS. Please tell us how the riparian areas benefit from ATVs....

Glad you are in it for the long haul, as that ought to take a long time to identify some positives of having ATVs on public lands....

WS, don't tell anybody but I bought a 4 wheeler last summer.
shhh.gif

I hate to admit it on here, and really I don't have a FAT ASS, but I got it for the same reasons bluehair mentioned. I will only be using it on roads that are open to passenger vehicles, but they're so damn rough it would beat the hell out of my new truck that cost me 32 GRAND! I actually see it as a benefit to the environment, as it will use 1/10th of the gas, and it will not be as hard on the roads as a full size truck might be. Some people use a Jeep, some people use an ATV, that's all there is to it. What we need is strict enforcement of the rules, to keep ATV's on the roads where they belong. If they are caught in an area that is off limits, the state should confiscate the ATV, and keep it. I bet that would make a lot of guys think twice about what they are doing. Also, rules that apply to hunters like Idaho is doing is a great step in the right direction.

Originally posted by WH:
WS, don't tell anybody but I bought a 4 wheeler last summer.
shhh.gif

I hate to admit it on here, and really I don't have a FAT ASS, but I got it for the same reasons bluehair mentioned. I will only be using it on roads that are open to passenger vehicles, but they're so damn rough it would beat the hell out of my new truck that cost me 32 GRAND! I actually see it as a benefit to the environment, as it will use 1/10th of the gas, and it will not be as hard on the roads as a full size truck might be. Some people use a Jeep, some people use an ATV, that's all there is to it. What we need is strict enforcement of the rules, to keep ATV's on the roads where they belong. If they are caught in an area that is off limits, the state should confiscate the ATV, and keep it. I bet that would make a lot of guys think twice about what they are doing. Also, rules that apply to hunters like Idaho is doing is a great step in the right direction.
I have no problem with them banning ATV use for hunting except for retrieving game from a designated trail even if it is during designated hours. Hunting from them is bullshit and I am 100% against it. But I do a lot of trail riding up in the Stanley area, Boulder area which needs way more limits on ATV use. I also do a lot of hiking/fishing in the remote mountain lakes and enjoy the peaceful setting. But EG and IT are just flat ass dick heads and have 1 way of seeing it so they can suck my balls!

Wapiti slayer,

I didn't think you would be able to find any positives.... Thanks for proving me right....

But we all agree that they should not be used for Hunting, but they are. And you even say they need more restrictions in the Boulder area.... You keep coming out with all the problems, and all the negatives.

Show some positives about having ATVs on Public Lands (ie... off of Roads open to full size vehicles, weighing more than 1500lbs.)

Originally posted by ElkGunner:
Wapiti slayer,

I didn't think you would be able to find any positives.... Thanks for proving me right....

But we all agree that they should not be used for Hunting, but they are. And you even say they need more restrictions in the Boulder area.... You keep coming out with all the problems, and all the negatives.

Show some positives about having ATVs on Public Lands (ie... off of Roads open to full size vehicles, weighing more than 1500lbs.)
How in the #*^@#* do you get to any of yer hunting areas? You drive a road cut through the forest don't you? Or do you and Ithaca walk from yer goddamn houses to yer hunting areas? Get off yer high horse and realize you do the same shit as people who drive the DESIGNATED ROADS with ATVs. Yes there are assholes who tear shit up and ride anywhere they please. I would turn people in doing this if I saw it while riding. But I do stick to the trails and don't hunt off ATVs. Yer shit talking of FATASS ATV RIDERS is nothing more than yer fat lazy ass driving to yer hunting spot. If you were such a badass you would walk from yer $*)Q!#@$ house!

Sometimes I do walk from my house, or at least the old house. The new house down in the trailer park is a bit harder to walk from, as we always have cops cruising through, so carrying a gun out past the Pay Phone and the Laundry Building will likely get me shot....

And yes, I do drive the V-10 Super Duty to my hunting spots, as with the long box and the Extended cab, I have no choice but to keep it on roads open to vehicles of 1500lbs and greater. I don't know that anybody has advocated making everybody walk to hunting spots. I think we are all saying, just keep the ATVs on the roads (as defined by Idaho Fish and Game as being capable of travel by vehicles of 1500lbs.)

It is really a simple concept, and I can't figure out why you are against it.....

Still can't find any positives in having the ATVs on public lands yet???

Elkgunner, you better take it easy..you're gonna cause him to blow a gasket. I'm really not sure he's stated that he's in favor of taking ATV's off roads. In fact I think the debate is for nothing, as it appears that we all agree.

Sometimes I do walk from my house, or at least the old house. The new house down in the trailer park is a bit harder to walk from, as we always have cops cruising through, so carrying a gun out past the Pay Phone and the Laundry Building will likely get me shot....

And yes, I do drive the V-10 Super Duty to my hunting spots, as with the long box and the Extended cab, I have no choice but to keep it on roads open to vehicles of 1500lbs and greater. I don't know that anybody has advocated making everybody walk to hunting spots. I think we are all saying, just keep the ATVs on the roads (as defined by Idaho Fish and Game as being capable of travel by vehicles of 1500lbs.)

It is really a simple concept, and I can't figure out why you are against it.....

Still can't find any positives in having the ATVs on public lands yet???
I think we are all saying, just keep the ATVs on the roads (as defined by Idaho Fish and Game as being capable of travel by vehicles of 1500lbs.) Haven't I said this a numerous times? But you and Ithaca go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond that shit! If you two would be half civil as you are tonight, and reason with other board members on the issue it wouldn't be a pissing contest all the time!

Originally posted by WH:
Elkgunner, you better take it easy..you're gonna cause him to blow a gasket. I'm really not sure he's stated that he's in favor of taking ATV's off roads. In fact I think the debate is for nothing, as it appears that we all agree.
I think you might be correct, WH. But with all the F-Bombs, it is hard to tell if he is agreeing with me or not. :eek: He seems to agree with all the problems of ATVs, and even offers solutions, but somehow still seems upset. Maybe it is just a series of typos... :D

Originally posted by Ithaca 37:
Wap., Sounds like you have an alcohol induced anger problem. I'll be gone for a while. Sober up.
No, I just have a dealing with $*)Q!#@$ Idiots who see things only one way problem! Take yer time you won't be missed!

[ 04-21-2004, 22:59: Message edited by: Wapiti Slayer ]

Originally posted by Wapiti Slayer:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ithaca 37:
Wap., Sounds like you have an alcohol induced anger problem. I'll be gone for a while. Sober up.
No, I just have a _____ _____ dealing with $*)Q!#@$ Idiots who _____ see things only one way ____ _____ ____ problem! Take yer time ____ you won't be missed ____ ____! </font>[/QUOTE]WapSlap,
You forgot about 1/2 the words in that response.... You kinda make Ithica look right. To help you out, I'll go put some blanks where you forgot the words.....

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wapiti Slayer:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ithaca 37:
No, I just have a _____ _____ dealing with $*)Q!#@$ Idiots who _____ see things only one way ____ _____ ____ problem! Take yer time ____ you won't be missed ____ ____! </font>[/QUOTE]WapSlap,
You forgot about 1/2 the words in that response.... You kinda make Ithica look right. To help you out, I'll go put some blanks where you forgot the words.....
</font>[/QUOTE]I didn't forget any words, i just typed it quick and to the point. You guys are just used to filling in a bunch of BS in yer sentances. It was quick and to the point. Well I have to hit the hay, big day up in McCall tomorrow you girls have fun pissing and moaning about ATVs!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back