Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Does this thing make my azz look fat?

bluehair

shhh.gif
fight.gif

f8f994e1.jpg

Hell know! At least you got see some kickass country the pussy tree huggers couldn't get to without a weeks hike and a full story of crying about the ATV TRAIL THEY FOLLOWED TO GET THERE! Whooooo that trail is just torn up from ATVs isn't it? Must have moved a few rocks which will devistate the whole area!

The only way this picture could be more beautiful to some people is if there were twenty ATVs lined up in it! :D :D Wouldn't that make MD4M happy! :D

Actually, it kinda looks like we're at an old mine. What's that stuff on the ground in the foreground? Is it wood? And are those light yellowish brown spots at 9 o'clock from the left ATV old tailings? Are the ATVs sitting on tailings? Just curious.

It looks like you're at least 30' from your ATV's , quite a trek for most quadhunters! Did you get tired walking that far? Were'nt you afraid you might not make it back? You took a big risk to get that picture and we're all very proud.

To answer your original question ; Yes it makes your azz look fat , your brain look small , your ambition miniscule and your ethics nonexistent!

FCB,
7 posts and you already stirring chit???
Take some time and get to know a few people.

I personally don't like atv's while hunting, But have had some great times riding and seing the country during the summer.

Originally posted by michaelr:
FCB,
7 posts and you already stirring chit???
Take some time and get to know a few people.

Michael,
Like the 14 posts that ol' Bluehair has, before he posted the initial post??? Just exactly when should someone begin to stir up shit between 7 and 14 posts????

FairChase has a great sense of humour, and insight into the issues. Unfortunately, it is probably lost on way too many around here. Let's hope he sticks around.

Well, I'm surprised. I wasn't really trolling, just breaking the ice. I'm always looking for new liberal friends.

This pic was taken up in an old mining area close to home. Yup, legal for ATV's. You can even drive your Subaru up there if you want. Might have to move a few rocks tho.

I think it might have even been rifle season too. That's my favorite tome to ride in the hills. I love to come back to the BB's and read all the bitchin about "quads everywhere". Cracks me up when "serious hunters" don't take the time to find out if that honey hole is in an ATV legal area. :rolleyes:

You know, I been peekin in on y'all for a while now, and I have to admit that some of the pictures that have been posted show that there is no way to argue that abuse hasn't occured. You guys must be on the front lines or something :confused: , and hope y'all can figure out the solution before it gets that bad down here. I took a little stroll yesterday through some country that would be pretty easy to trash with ATV's, probably why it is closed to them. I saw 1 illegal quad track, 1 horse track, and 1 other track from a fat ass on foot.
shhh.gif

I suppose I have the best of both worlds where I live. Places to ride the quads with the fambily in the summer :cool: , and places to hunt where you couldn't get a quad if you wanted to. In fact, we have "atv legal" trails that probably haven't seen one in years. The only place I have ever turned one over was on a legal trail that was clearly a trap set by the anti's designed to kill quad riders.

But the question in the back of my mind is whether you guys have mountains and canyons up there, or is everything a quad meadow begging to be ravaged?
footinmouth.gif

Peace.
fight.gif

bluehair,LOL .
Great picture.
I think we have about the same type of riding around here as you do.
I have seen places that are indeed torn up and should be closed.
Then again like yourself I have been place's you couldnt get an ATV to even IF someone wanted to.

Other area's that just take your breath away because it so pretty .
That picture looks alot like a area in Idaho off the little lost river where we hunt (and do some fun riding).
Its open from one side to ATV ,horse & foot travel up to the top (so you can do this great loop),then from the other side its an open road to the top.
You pass old mine's & log cabin's along the way,the bottom goes through tree's then tops out above tree line,the view is sooooooooo great.
In fact it's part of the area they are talking about putting in that challis ,mackey,arco ATV loop trail.

Originally posted by FAIRCHASEBEN:
To answer your original question ; Yes it makes your azz look fat , your brain look small , your ambition miniscule and your ethics nonexistent!
Ouch! You're not very nice.

Hey, here's one of my favorite places to ravage with ATV's. Extra credit if you can find it. Hint, if it was there it would be by that blue tent you can see near the bottom center of the pic.

f8f4abbb.jpg

Boy, these guys sure have you pegged. You are an insightful feller.
hump.gif

blue
Now that is a gorgeous piece of Gods country! But if it had a quad parked in the picture , that would be like the most beautiful woman in the world posing naked with a string hanging out!
I'm actually a very nice guy who has had his favorite hunting spots ruined by LAZY SLOB HUNTERS , who have built roads into the areas where I learned to hunt,where my father hunted before me and where I wanted to teach my sons to hunt one day.
You ATVer's get a clue ;Animals don't like your machines! They dont want to live in an area with roads in every canyon and on every ridge! You are ruining a lot of good hunting for everyone including YOURSELVES!
I'm not some left wing bark eating earthworm ,I've used quads before and they are not the problem.To many guys get on an ATV and they hunt like both their legs are broke.I'd be ashamed to be seen on one right now. We have got to keep these things on the roads and stop building new roads for the sake of our hunting future.

Hey FCB,

8 Posts and your already making sense. Stick around and get to know some of these guys. :D :D

ATV in my hunting spot piss me off as well.
:mad:

Nemont

Originally posted by FAIRCHASEBEN:
You ATVer's get a clue ;Animals don't like your machines! They dont want to live in an area with roads in every canyon and on every ridge! You are ruining a lot of good hunting for everyone including YOURSELVES!
Well, it looks like we are making progress here. At least you recognize that it is the people who operate machines that are to blame. Now if we could get you to paint with a little finer brush..... :rolleyes:

Sorry my friend, I don't believe I've ruined a square foot of public ground with my quad. I will admit to taking a few laps around the winter range I live on to keep the paths open. That pesky browse just keeps coming back. ;)

Habitat destruction from ATV's here is statistically negligible, although I doubt the local FS clowns have any numbers because they are too busy counting trees that nobody will ever cut down. And from where I sit, it looks like we would have critters on every roadside and in every canyon except for one problem - people and nature killing them. My place is a good example.
soapbox.gif

You're preachin when you lecture me on my responsibilities. When you can develop an argument that isn't based on derision and condescension, perhaps you will be prepared to be a spokesman for your cause. Until then, I'm in for a pixxing contest.
fight.gif

I too look forward to teaching my boys what little I know about the outdoors. :cool:

O.K. So now you guys understand my frustration/heartache . I realize it is not a huge problem in some areas but here in Nevada the slobs won't walk anywhere they can ride to on a machine .When your favorite hunting spots get turned into ORV parks every October you'll know how I feel.We had a great place for late season muleys in Elko co. that is now covered with quad trails and completely saturated with the absence of deer.I've got new areas to hunt now and I'm not about to let the slobs ruin them too.The next wheeler I find off the road is going to get a bullet in the block! If you're to fat and lazy to walk , then stay on the couch !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back