NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Do you hate me yet???????

Elkwhisper

So, while in Vegas this week working a trade show, I got an email indicating that I had won a sales contest and would be going on a whitetail deer hunt in Texas. Pretty exciting right???? Then I read on a little and discovered that I actually leave for this hunt on Tuesday. Nothing like having a little notice for something like this...............

For those of you keeping track, this is the 3rd free hunt I have won in the last 7 months, and fourth overall. Canada Moose, Canada Grizzly / Black Bear, Wyoming Antelope and now Texas Whitetail. It really is nice to work for great companies in the outdoor industry.:hump: That said, my run of luck is far from the norm..... as in the first 9 years I worked this job, I didn't get a single free hunt. I assume at some point my luck will run out, but for now I am just going to enjoy it while I can.

So just when I thought my season was over, here I am packing up again for another adventure..... I guess I am not sure how "adventurous" this hunt is going to be, I have never hunted south Texas before, but from what I see on TV I am expecting to be perched in an outhouse on stilts over a corn feeder...... I really don't have any actual details on the hunt.... just a plane ticket and directions to the ranch.

I'll try and keep you all posted on how it goes.

Elkwhisper

I'm a rep also, only a different industry, how about hooking a fellow up with a job in your industry :D

I'm sure there has to be a good spot for a guy in the WV, KY, OH, VA area right??

Geezuz! I hope you shoot a fork n horn:):)

Lol, take the good luck when you can get it! and by the way, good luck, go kill a texas buck that will likely score more than it weighs:)

Might as well start applying for govenors tags while you're at it. Good Luck!

Very interested to see if you are hunting over bait and out of a hot tub or 4x4 poker table. Either way it should be a good time.

When did Dinkshooter get his ear pierced?

Attachments

• puke.jpg
    puke.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 338
So, while in Vegas this week working a trade show, I got an email indicating that I had won a sales contest and would be going on a whitetail deer hunt in Texas. Pretty exciting right???? Then I read on a little and discovered that I actually leave for this hunt on Tuesday. Nothing like having a little notice for something like this...............

For those of you keeping track, this is the 3rd free hunt I have won in the last 7 months, and fourth overall. Canada Moose, Canada Grizzly / Black Bear, Wyoming Antelope and now Texas Whitetail. It really is nice to work for great companies in the outdoor industry.:hump: That said, my run of luck is far from the norm..... as in the first 9 years I worked this job, I didn't get a single free hunt. I assume at some point my luck will run out, but for now I am just going to enjoy it while I can.

So just when I thought my season was over, here I am packing up again for another adventure..... I guess I am not sure how "adventurous" this hunt is going to be, I have never hunted south Texas before, but from what I see on TV I am expecting to be perched in an outhouse on stilts over a corn feeder...... I really don't have any actual details on the hunt.... just a plane ticket and directions to the ranch.

I'll try and keep you all posted on how it goes.

Elkwhisper

There is a secret code here at Hunt Talk, You have been on Double Secret Probation since the last time you did this to our azzes. Good luck on your Hunt! John

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back