Do you hate me yet???????

Elkwhisper

So, while in Vegas this week working a trade show, I got an email indicating that I had won a sales contest and would be going on a whitetail deer hunt in Texas. Pretty exciting right???? Then I read on a little and discovered that I actually leave for this hunt on Tuesday. Nothing like having a little notice for something like this...............

For those of you keeping track, this is the 3rd free hunt I have won in the last 7 months, and fourth overall. Canada Moose, Canada Grizzly / Black Bear, Wyoming Antelope and now Texas Whitetail. It really is nice to work for great companies in the outdoor industry.:hump: That said, my run of luck is far from the norm..... as in the first 9 years I worked this job, I didn't get a single free hunt. I assume at some point my luck will run out, but for now I am just going to enjoy it while I can.

So just when I thought my season was over, here I am packing up again for another adventure..... I guess I am not sure how "adventurous" this hunt is going to be, I have never hunted south Texas before, but from what I see on TV I am expecting to be perched in an outhouse on stilts over a corn feeder...... I really don't have any actual details on the hunt.... just a plane ticket and directions to the ranch.

I'll try and keep you all posted on how it goes.

Elkwhisper

I'm a rep also, only a different industry, how about hooking a fellow up with a job in your industry :D

I'm sure there has to be a good spot for a guy in the WV, KY, OH, VA area right??

Geezuz! I hope you shoot a fork n horn:):)

Lol, take the good luck when you can get it! and by the way, good luck, go kill a texas buck that will likely score more than it weighs:)

Might as well start applying for govenors tags while you're at it. Good Luck!

Very interested to see if you are hunting over bait and out of a hot tub or 4x4 poker table. Either way it should be a good time.

When did Dinkshooter get his ear pierced?

Attachments

• puke.jpg
    puke.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 338
So, while in Vegas this week working a trade show, I got an email indicating that I had won a sales contest and would be going on a whitetail deer hunt in Texas. Pretty exciting right???? Then I read on a little and discovered that I actually leave for this hunt on Tuesday. Nothing like having a little notice for something like this...............

For those of you keeping track, this is the 3rd free hunt I have won in the last 7 months, and fourth overall. Canada Moose, Canada Grizzly / Black Bear, Wyoming Antelope and now Texas Whitetail. It really is nice to work for great companies in the outdoor industry.:hump: That said, my run of luck is far from the norm..... as in the first 9 years I worked this job, I didn't get a single free hunt. I assume at some point my luck will run out, but for now I am just going to enjoy it while I can.

So just when I thought my season was over, here I am packing up again for another adventure..... I guess I am not sure how "adventurous" this hunt is going to be, I have never hunted south Texas before, but from what I see on TV I am expecting to be perched in an outhouse on stilts over a corn feeder...... I really don't have any actual details on the hunt.... just a plane ticket and directions to the ranch.

I'll try and keep you all posted on how it goes.

Elkwhisper

There is a secret code here at Hunt Talk, You have been on Double Secret Probation since the last time you did this to our azzes. Good luck on your Hunt! John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back