do we start worying about trump for president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rush, Hannity, Beck, etc. aren't vocalizing for a silent majority...they simply repeat what the vocal minority is pissed off about. They never have solutions nor do they really want solutions. I look at facebook and see probably 100-1 negative memes about Hillary but when you question someone about the veracity of the meme, you are just being an a-hole. When you post facts, the subject changes to what else she does wrong. Again, no answers just angry outbursts. ... when asked for a solution...there is none. When asked about the implications , no answers. Just angry outbursts.

From a book, Malignant Self-love: The World of the Narcissist, there was an interesting passage, written by a convicted, imprisoned man with NPD. It was disconcerting to me on many levels, but mostly because I love language, ancient as well as current, etymologies, and their ancient pictographic writings systems. I look to language to help communicate, relate, preferring to get on the same page for understanding. This quote expressed how pathological narcissists use language, as they do other things, as a weapon.

Language is a weapon of self defense. It's used to fend off, hide and evade, avoid, disguise, shift semantics, say nothing in length, use evasive syntax, disguise the source of information, talk 'at' others and lecture, use his own private language, emphasizes his conspiracy theories, rumors and phobias. Language is not to communicate but to obscure; not to share but to abstain; to disagree without incurring wrath; to criticize without commitment; agree without appearing to do so. Language is a weapon, an asset, a piece of lethal property, a mistress to be gang-raped. Language is a lover, composition but not content."

Whether or not you can find a way to communicate with this mindset is debatable. Some professionals describe it as "crazy making", because the narcissist keeps changing or reinventing the conversation, the reality, their agenda, like shifting sands or really horrid funhouse where you not only have distorting mirrors, but the swirly painted floor that keeps moving, well hell, the whole room moving in various fashions. The focus being on negative, problems, rather than solutions. Additionally, they thrive on provoking and evoking emotions from others, like internet trolls. I have a hard time when my wtf button gets pushed and I feel the overwhelming need to interject some sanity, some reality and facts to a "discussion", which in their reality is not a discussion at all, but a verbal war zone to be won at all costs.

edit: I think Ben really wants to be a DJ, like really, really bad. ;)

This quote expressed how pathological narcissists use language, as they do other things, as a weapon.

Sticks and stones . . .

At first I said that in jest, but then I got to thinking about cyber-bullied suicide kids and remember how dumbfounded I am when I hear about them. And I think again about Gibbs in an episode of NCIS where the whole office was in a tither about a hack in progress. The nerds were rapidly strategizing a patch or defense. Gibbs walked over and unplugged the Computer.

I don't know but it seems there is a disconnect between words and reality, and even more so between words and cyber space. Words DO having meaning, I get that, but the actions they elicit are on the actor. A person might be held liable for incitement but damn, people need to grow a thicker skin, think for themselves and quit falling for all this S.

The disconnect between words and reality is getting wider and wider every day. I find it hard to blame the speaker. They are just exploiting a weakness in stupid people. The listener needs to up the analytics and critique. Smart people need to help them.

Edited to add: You know, maybe it's not so much a disconnect as it is a connect! The non-real is becoming all too real. At least for those who can't tell the difference.

Last edited:
Saw this pic this morning, after reading the political news, had to snort. ;) In great news I can embrace, AMD's new cpu, the Zen, ran head to head with intels. I love AMD processors, that is something I can easily vote for. Too bad we can't run two candidates through actual side by side tests to see how they clock and who actually performs better.

giant-meteor-2016-just-end-it-already.jpg

About 5% of voters list illegal immigration in their top few issues...which means Trump is wasting time on an issue that 95% of the voting public place near the bottom of their list of issues they find important.

Smart issue to waste time on??? Smart to pander to that 5%???

I don't know, but if I were in the election winning business I'd probably try to appeal to the 95% instead of the 5%...but that's just me.

There is nothing smart about trump.

Exactly! Honestly I've never met a Hillary supporter in real life. They seem to be only on the Internet. Everyone I know is voting Trump. Not all were Trump supporters in the beginning, but when it comes down to Hillary or Trump, it's Trump 100%.

So everyone you know is jumping off the trump cliff and you figure you have to join them.

The solution for illegal immigration is simple- enforce the law. Under Obama, that hasn't happened, and won't with Hillary either.

Just want to share a statistic from Dept Homeland Security.

Deportations022515.jpg

I am saddened that out of 320,000,000 approximate people in the United States the BEST America can put forth to lead the most powerful country in the world and represent our interests is Donald Trump (R) and Hillary Clinton (D)...
I thought Romney and Obama was the bottom of the barrel - I stand corrected. 2020 to be?

15mqdr.jpg

Just want to share a statistic from Dept Homeland Security.

View attachment 60732

I am saddened that out of 320,000,000 approximate people in the United States the BEST America can put forth to lead the most powerful country in the world and represent our interests is Donald Trump (R) and Hillary Clinton (D)...
I thought Romney and Obama was the bottom of the barrel - I stand corrected. 2020 to be?

View attachment 60731

Keep in mind even if lax enforcement deportations has to still go up. Here is why, first the number of those that has tried to enter the country in the last 8 years is staggering with rumprs of an open door policy, second, the conduct of many of these people is less than stellar. Look up the data of how many of California inmates are illegals alone. So even with lax enforcement, you still have to do something when more and more show up or overstay visas.

Shmalts, it was shared to somewhat present a neutral point to the quote shared. Judge ordered a halt to the intended action to offer "relief" to illegals aliens while also showing a vast increase in deportations over recent years. It is a crap shoot however one wants to look at it. It is more Congress than the couple executive order attempts to alter immigration. Who to blame??? Point fingers just about any direction and you will find fault - mostly at ourselves for the lame representatives we choose to run our country....

In my opinion, I think the issue I hold most contempt for the corruption of our country is the Lobbyist setting. Some really good minds need to get together to find that representation with a reduction in the corruption that seeps from the scum bags. I would not seek to chop the whole tree down if it were just a few bad apples...

So everyone you know is jumping off the trump cliff and you figure you have to join them.

The "Trump cliff?" What the heck does that mean? Trump is the best presidential candidate we've had in decades, in my opinion. I've been supporting Trump since the very beginning. I don't care what other people think. It's obvious to me he's the best choice and the only one who can turn this country around.

I kind of agree with you Washington.....but there are those on here so liberal and biased it is pathetic. There are those who are going to vote "Hillary" just on account they think she will not give over control of fed. lands to the state.... guess what fellas, Trump won't give up fed. control to the state either.... it is a scare tactic... not going to happen.... if it does you can all finally tell me "told you so"....but i'd bet it'll never happen.... end of story.

Trump is the only candidate who has shaken the establishment....on both sides... he is a "third party" choice.....so don't waste a vote on a third party...that is the same thing as voting Hillary.

I kind of agree with you Washington.....but there are those on here so liberal and biased it is pathetic. There are those who are going to vote "Hillary" just on account they think she will not give over control of fed. lands to the state.... guess what fellas, Trump won't give up fed. control to the state either.... it is a scare tactic... not going to happen.... if it does you can all finally tell me "told you so"....but i'd bet it'll never happen.... end of story.

Trump is the only candidate who has shaken the establishment....on both sides... he is a "third party" choice.....so don't waste a vote on a third party...that is the same thing as voting Hillary.

There are too many mixed signals coming from Trump on the state lands transfer idea. To take a chance on Trump and then tell you I told you so on this issue is fool hardy at best. I'm not voting for Trump, and most likely not Clinton. Public lands transfer is my assault Weapons ban issue. This needs to bite the Republicans in the arse so bad they never bring it up again. There is no constitutional amendment to protect my children's birthright.

The "Trump cliff?" What the heck does that mean? Trump is the best presidential candidate we've had in decades, in my opinion. I've been supporting Trump since the very beginning. I don't care what other people think. It's obvious to me he's the best choice and the only one who can turn this country around.

I agree Washington Hunter.

I understand why people think McCains, Romneys, etc. are respectable politicians. I just don't think those people like winners. Trump is the best decades because he actually has a spine and is willing to fight for the party.

The only thing stopping a Trump landslide is massive voter fraud.

Zinke didn't quit the RNC, in fact he gave a speech there to a nearly empty room.

He spoke to honor commitment, but he did quit as an RNC delegate. This a simple fact:

http://www.havredailynews.com/story...position-at-republican-convention/509460.html

This is very important for the MT hunters to understand. The Republican Zinke "gets" the Public Land issue LOUD & CLEAR.

"He doesn't have the support of any living presidents"

And that's a good thing.

"I don't know why you mention foreign wars - Trump wants to "Bomb the Shit out of ISIS."'

Yes, because the terrorist organization ISIS was in fact armed & funded from its inception by the domestic terrorist group known as the Obama administration, as the head nation within NATO.

"You could call that war except he also wants to also kill their families so it is actually a war crime."

Case in point on how soft so many Americans have become. We are dealing with a savage threat that understands nothing but brute force. Which major metropolitan area did you move to Bozeman from?

"In case you didn't notice, JR crushed your claim about him not exporting jobs to foreign countries."

When we talk overseass jobs & industry, we're talking TPP-level manufacturing & production of steel, vehicles, tanks, jet engines, polymers, electronics, silicon chips, etc. Novelty shirts & hats can continue to be made in Mexico/Vietnam/China for all anyone cares. Chickensh*t photo from jryoung in my opinion and I believe he probably knows that.

"He is anti establishment, but so is Bozeman High School's class of 2018. The main difference is they have a better understanding of how government works."

I wish that were true. But federally-funded & managed public education is the chief reason we are so divided as a country today. Children are not taught the real history and foundation principles of this country anymore in public schools. These misguided children then become adults who become responsible to govern themselves without ever knowing how.

But federally-funded & managed public education is the chief reason we are so divided as a country today. Children are not taught the real history and foundation principles of this country anymore in public schools. These misguided children then become adults who become responsible to govern themselves without ever knowing how.
That sounds like a radical right wing talk-show sound byte, and reflects a lack of understanding about educational funding and curricula of the state, county, and local school district funding and hierarchy of authority for decisions. Consistently proponents of privatization of education express such rhetoric without real information or understanding of the continued success and emphasis on improvement of public education in this nation. For those who share such criticism of the public education system, I urge you to at least visit your local school(s) and attend a local school board meeting periodically.

'Sorry for straying so far from Trump for President, but obviously it struck a chord.

Shmalts, it was shared to somewhat present a neutral point to the quote shared. Judge ordered a halt to the intended action to offer "relief" to illegals aliens while also showing a vast increase in deportations over recent years. It is a crap shoot however one wants to look at it. It is more Congress than the couple executive order attempts to alter immigration. Who to blame??? Point fingers just about any direction and you will find fault - mostly at ourselves for the lame representatives we choose to run our country....

In my opinion, I think the issue I hold most contempt for the corruption of our country is the Lobbyist setting. Some really good minds need to get together to find that representation with a reduction in the corruption that seeps from the scum bags. I would not seek to chop the whole tree down if it were just a few bad apples...

Congress has very little to do with it. We have laws that work, but are not enforced. A President has all the power needed to do so, if desired. The reality is a wall is not necessary If laws already in place are enforced. Then add laws against renting housing, hiring, and mandatory e-verify and the problem is solved. A wall might help national security and drug trafficking but that's about it. Bottom line, enforcement of laws will deter those wanting to take, a wall will deter wanting to bring.

.............but there are those on here that are so conservative and biased it is pathetic. There are those who are going to vote "Donald" just on account they think he will not take away their guns..... Guess what fellas, Clinton won't take away your guns either...... it is a scare tactic..... not going to happen.... if it does you can all finally tell me "told you so"..... but i'd bet it'll never happen..... end of story.

Fill in the blanks with your own perceptions politics.

And as a city slicker in Boztropilis MT, I'm quite sure I unequivocally understand what Hillary's motives are just like a rancher from the the Milk River has a direct line to Trump's intentions.

Carry on.

BTW, don't like either of em, but go ahead and label me a liberal anyway. Been called way worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back