Do it all Rifle?

:hump:no one can argue about the tried and true 30-06 being voted the best allround calibure on the market,ok so maybe they can,but they should not,because it is.

Here's one vote for the old 6.5x55 packaged in the Winchester Model 70 Featherweight.

I really messed up a few years ago. I found a 6.5x55 that was sporterized by Kimber of America for $299 and didn't buy it. still kicking my self over that one.
I shot a 30-06 for a lot of years in the Remington 700, I love that gun. I just got a 300 wsm Howa action with a Lilja barrel, Boyd thumbhole stock and put a Leupold Vari X3 CDS 4.5-14x40 on it. Shoots really well with HSM 185 Berger VLD's at 3030 fps. Just wanted a custom gun and I am very happy with it.

I just put an order in for a Kimber Montana in 300 WSM. Itll be my do all big game rifle. Deer, elk, bear, moose, sheep if it ever happens, pronghorn, etc.

I tried the one rifle system and have moved into a two rifle system. I have a browning Safari grade Mauser chambered in 30/06. It has Leopold QD bases/rings and a 3x9 Meopta. It's my deer, antelope, and other light game rifle. It's a little heavy but will shoot 1/2 MOA @ 100 yds with Nosler accubonds. My medium rifle is a custom CZ 550 Mauser by AHR chambered in 9.3x62. I can shoot 250 gr accubonds or 286 gr round noses bullets interchangeably with the same point of impact at 100 yds. This gives it great flexibility to match the terrain/game. It has a 2.5x8 Zeiss on it. Its very comfortable to shoot for a medium rifle, about like a 20 gauge shotgun. With these two rifles in my case I am pretty much set for anything. And if I loose my ammo in transit, I can atleast pick up 30/06 ammo anywhere to get through a hunt. Both rifles also have QD scopes and back up iron sights. I like having the ability to continue hunting when that "oh sh@@" moment happens to your scope miles from the truck.

I use the Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter and the Remington Sendero. I have a .243, 7mm and .50 cal muzzleloader barrel for my PH. I have a 300 RUM and a 22-250 sendero. I take whichever one hunting that talkes to me. If I could only live with one...I'd use the 7mm. But then I love to hunt the black powder hunts so I'd have to keep the .50 too. My 300 RUM is awesome too so it would have to stay. Same goes for the others. I think the easier question to answer would be which rifle/caliber could you live without.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back