Caribou Gear Tarp

Do I Need a New Taxidermist?

It’s a nice mature buck and I hope your boy is proud of him. I’m curious did you cape the head or did the taxi? I wonder if that buck suffered some kind of head injury or it was just born with a slight deformity.

My taxi told me once that sometimes people complain if the rack doesn’t sit level and things like that but no deer is perfectly symmetrical. I told him do ever try to “adjust” mine, leave them as they were on the hood. I’ve got a few wonky ones myself and I think they are cool.

It’s a nice mature buck and I hope your boy is proud of him. I’m curious did you cape the head or did the taxi? I wonder if that buck suffered some kind of head injury or it was just born with a slight deformity.

My taxi told me once that sometimes people complain if the rack doesn’t sit level and things like that but no deer is perfectly symmetrical. I told him do ever try to “adjust” mine, leave them as they were on the hood. I’ve got a few wonky ones myself and I think they are cool.
The taxi caped deer. I think he looks worse in the harvest photos than he was. He was laying on that left side for about an hour and a half just prior to the photos. Ideally the taxidermist makes them look as they did right before the shot. Personally, I wish he wouldn’t have cheated that left side up.

I think the taxidermist did a pretty good job, as the mount accurately represents the buck fairly well.

I fear any work to "fix" it would only bother you more. Sometimes more work isn't the answer 😬

download.jpeg-1.jpg

Not to hijack your thread, but I had a similar situation where I felt the mount didn't do the animal justice for his true size. I chose to ignore it because I feared it would only get worse. Maybe it was the wrong call though.

DSC_0251 (1).JPG
20231018_205831.jpg

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Is that a wolverine!?

Damn dude 😞

Both of you find a new taxi.

Sorry. I’m just an outsider looking in.

As others have mentioned, antlers and horns are rarely perfectly symmetrical.

IMO if your taxidermist needs to "fix" anything on your mount, he should make sure that the eyes are level and perpendicular to the vertical axis of the animal's face.

Looks like it is accurate from the pictures with your son.
The left eye looks low there so it could be he just matched it up properly as it was.
Overall great looking mount though, it took me a few pictures to really see it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back