Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Did ID F&G fix the problem?

orion23

Just curious what you guys think that hunted archery antelope in ID this year, about how the new change worked out?

New change meaning the controlled hunt process for archery antelope to help with water hole problems, overcrowding etc.

Personally, i think that it didnt do a thing. Still too many people out there, too much pressure on the herds when there is a blind on dang near every water hole.

I dont mind paying for the controlled hunt fee myself but i would like to see something come of it.

I think they started the draw to give themselfs a starting point, for info on hunter #'s and dispersal.....another reason was the bucks were'nt meeting management objectives, to many little guys getting whacked, from all the antelope pics posted via internet from idahos archery hunt its obvious to see what there talking about, lots of dinks getting whacked! I am sure it will go to limited entry before to long. Is it any fault of the hunter, no, idahos been to liberal with the archery hunt now its starting to bite them.

I believe there may have been more archery antelope tags this year than in the past. So in that regard the controlled hunt really did not reduce hunter numbers. Some hunters obviously were not able to bounce around to multiple units though. As stated above I would not be surprised to see it changed from an unlimited draw to a hunt with actual tag numbers.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back