DeLorme bought by Garmin

npaden

Dear inReach Subscriber,

We are writing to inform you that DeLorme Publishing Company, Inc. and DeLorme inReach, LLC have been acquired by Garmin, a global leader in navigation and communication. We are excited to help leverage our expertise into enhancing our combined product line.

As a current subscriber to DeLorme's inReach service, you will keep your current subscription under the same terms and for the same duration, and there will be no change in the services that inReach provides.

Going forward, your billing invoices will originate from InReach, Inc. instead of DeLorme inReach.

Thank you for your business. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Care

InReach, Inc.

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I'm pretty happy with my inReach device and the service. A big reason why I bought it is because of the fact that you only need to activate it for the months you are actually planning on using it, not the entire year.

Hopefully they don't mess around with it too much.

I got this as well. I'm going to be ticked if they mess with the service plans very much. I hope they don't do away with the ability to suspend services. That is handy when you only use it a couple weeks out of the year.

Maybe this will improve Garmin's terrible base mapping. Delorme's base maps actually include topo, trails, water, public land boundaries, etc. for the whole country, novel idea...

I'm with the "I hope it doesn't change anything" crowd. I've been very happy with my InReach and PN-60 GPS.

Of companies to assume Delorme, I am pleased it was Garmin. I am sure there are differing opinions though I have been very happy with the service from Garmin in the past as the owner of various Garmin products.
My InReach is fantastic and I am thankful to have the crowd here to share experiences when I had the discounted SPOT unit. After further consideration, I returned the SPOT and p/u the InReach. The ability to text has been used when I hit a deer in a non cell area. Great way to communicate in a pinch and kept my other from worrying over the extended delay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back