Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Dangerous Dave's Pacific Fork Blacktail

Dangerous Dave

San Rafael, Ca. (North Coast of California)
2hnqmtv.jpg
Just your typical Pacific forky, but I'm really happy with him. So dang heavy I had trouble tossing him into the truck. Why am I starting to look like Skeletor?
It was right about 6:30 and getting a little gloomy and I thought for sure nothing was gonna show up either up or down the ridge I was set up on. Had seen a couple of bucks here and there, but all were out of range and moving fast while chasing does without giving me a chance to pull any sneaks.
I glanced over my left shoulder and I spot this buck tiptoeing down the ridge only 100 yards away. Slowly grabbed the rifle as he slipped behind a knoll and got into a solid rest... hell, I NEVER get a shot this close!!
As he cheared the knoll nosing the ground with my crosshairs plastered on his right shoulder, he either caught my scent or that of a doe he may have been following -and instantly starts booking down the ridge broadside!!
I remember telling myself "If you don't swing with him and pull through his shoulder, you'll miss!!" Just as my crosshairs touched his shoulder the rifle went off. He might not look like much, but I'm really happy with this buck. He's even got an eyeguard -pretty rare on the coast. Dave

Nice deer!

Funny how a guy gets a picture in his mind on how a guy looks from his screen name.
Dave, your old like me.:D

Thanks, guys -I worked hard for him and it all paid off. Yep, that's the kind of open coastal country I've been talking about. 100 -75 yards is a very close shot out here, and I think it's easier to miss when they are that close. This was in A zone, California.
Pa mt man, yep -I'm an ancient 54 years old and ran it pretty hard when I was younger, but I can still suprise myself. The "Dangerous" moniker was hung on me when I was a teenager, and I think it was ment to be humorous -like, "If he had any brains in his head, he'd be Dangerous." I didn't pick it, but I've got to live with it.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back