Creative play calling

Not funny.....

Lot of depressed people around the Valley this weekend..... I think TCU was the benefactor of being "carried" along by BSU in the polls. Wouldn't be surprised to see more people vote Wisconsin and Stanford ahead of TCU if either Auburn or Oregon loses in the final polls.

If it was not for his fake punt/pass in the last bowl we would not of been where we are today

The odds were against the Bronco's, they have been on a great run and reality finally reared it's ugly head. Nevada has a great team and I know coach Petersen and his crew knew this going in. Going into a conference game for the conference title should always make for a great game no matter who's playing.

Boise State IMO is the best story in college football. Coach Pete handled the loss with as much class as he does the wins. Hope they drill someone in the bowls.

See where the Texans/Christians are ducking BSU as of today? 1 year of BSU vs. TCU and then TCU is off to take on the likes of Rutgers, Cincy, and USF.....

I hope the MWC "punishes" TCU by setting up the schedule for TCU to have to travel to the Blue turf for 2011...

Boise State coach Chris Petersen said Monday that other schools have made contact with him about their coaching positions. But he dismissed those conversations.

"I've had no real discussions," said Petersen, who is 59-5 in nearly five seasons as the Broncos' head coach and has attracted interest from schools all over the country.

"My whole thing is we've got a great situation here. It's all about, just like in recruiting, being at the right fit. Who know what happens down the road, but I know we have a good thing here and I don't take that for granted," Petersen said.

"My whole thing is we've got a great situation here. It's all about, just like in recruiting, being at the right fit. Who know what happens down the road, but I know we have a good thing here and I don't take that for granted," Petersen said.

.....stercore tauri. Big money will be calling and he deserves it.

I'd be out of the MWC as well..that conference is falling apart.
Guaranteed chance at a BCS bowl and the No.1 basketball conference = no-brainer.

Huh?? MWC falling apart..? It lost TCU, and Utah, possibly BYU, gained BSU, Nevada, Fresno and possibly Hawaii

WAC is falling apart... MWC just strengthened itself IMO.

TCU will dominate the east. Easily.
BYU will fail as Independent.
Utah will fair okay in the pac12, but will take a couple years to get competitive I think.

Boise sure picked a helluva game for the Defense to take a day off.. The game they NEEDED to win, SHOULD have won.. they didn't. It happens. Still the best one loss team in the Nation IMO. I really like the way they match up with Auburn and would have loved to see that game..
Boise have a possible rebuilding year next year?? Moore needs to work on the running game BIG time. He is going to need to step up and win games for the team next season I think. Not going to have the Young, Pettis connection. Martin may have a breakout year ..? Lots of carries.
Bowl predictions have them playing Boston college now.. LAME.

Last edited:
MWC lost TCU, Utah and BYU. Three quality football programs. They don't have, and won't ever have a BCS automatic bid.

TCU now has a great chance to play in a BCS game every year, and is in the most powerful basketball conference in the nation. It's a no-brainer..not only for money but also recruiting.

I really like the way they match up with Auburn and would have loved to see that game..

I think the Nevada game showed quite the glimpse of what BSU would have faced against Nevada. Nevada's pistol offense is similar to the Cam Newton offence. IMHO BSU lost because they ran out of gas...not only because of a missed FG. It has been two months since BSU has had to play 4 quarters of football.

I also agree BSU vs BC...lame for sure. I wish we could play Nebraska, Stanford or even Bama.

MWC lost TCU, Utah and BYU. Three quality football programs. They don't have, and won't ever have a BCS automatic bid.

TCU now has a great chance to play in a BCS game every year, and is in the most powerful basketball conference in the nation. It's a no-brainer..not only for money but also recruiting.

And likely Hawaii joins the MWC as a "football only" in the future. Net/net for BSU in the MWC is they trade the bottom half of the WAC (Idaho, NMSU, SJSU, etc) for the bottom half of the MWC (CSU, SDSU, etc).

The good news is if TCU leaves MWC, then BSU is likely positioned as the favorite non-AQ team each year (while Petersen is in charge). No longer having to worry about sharing the top non-AQ spot each year with TCU.

There really is no other option (stay in the WAC???) for BSU as the Pac-12 wasn't going to send out an invitation (nor the SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12).

Interesting thing will be if MWC losing the Dallas/Ft. Worth tv market with the departure of TCU causes the MWC to renegotiate the TV contract and blow-up the lousy Mtn. Network where they hide their games. Being on ESPN 5 times a year has been very lucrative for BSU in $$$ and publicity.

The good news is if TCU leaves MWC, then BSU is likely positioned as the favorite non-AQ team each year (while Petersen is in charge). No longer having to worry about sharing the top non-AQ spot each year with TCU.

There really is no other option (stay in the WAC???) for BSU as the Pac-12 wasn't going to send out an invitation (nor the SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12).

I agree. TCU leaving will help both TCU & BSU in their BCS chances.
I don't think they have an option either....sucks, because I was really looking forward to a conference with BSU, TCU, Utah, BYU, Air Force. That would have been some quality football.

"TCU now has a great chance to play in a BCS game every year, and is in the most powerful basketball conference in the nation."really?

since when did the big east become the most powerful basketball conference in the country? pretty sure the acc and the big ten may feel differently. especially since they have won 5 titles between them since 2000.

I think the Nevada game showed quite the glimpse of what BSU would have faced against Nevada. Nevada's pistol offense is similar to the Cam Newton offence. IMHO BSU lost because they ran out of gas...not only because of a missed FG. It has been two months since BSU has had to play 4 quarters of football.

I also agree BSU vs BC...lame for sure. I wish we could play Nebraska, Stanford or even Bama.

I disagree. I think a matchup to Auburn would have Preferable to Nevada. Boise lost because their normally stellar D didn't show up.
Moore, Young and Pettis would have a field day with the pathetic Auburn secondary. Look what Jones and McElroy did in the first half. A game with Auburn would have Moore throwing for an ungodly amount of yardage. Then it's only necessary to slow down Newton. IF the defense played the way they are capable of they could have newton eating turf A LOT. I've not been very impressed with Auburn all year. They should have lost to LSU, they should have Lost to Bama. They will lose to SC. IMO, they are a team of one (granted he's a damn impressive player). Stanford or Bama would be MUCH tougher games for Boise I think. I would love to see them play stanford. The Moore/Luck showdown could have been epic this season.

I also agree. Smart move for TCU. And as it's been said, helps boise out too.

Last edited:
Back