Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Crappie time

Brittany Chukarman

Corp of Engineers finally gave us enough water to launch a boat. Just in time to get in on the crappie spawn. Good size fish this season, lots of 13"er's and a few bigger.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 509
Dang, sign me up for that. Those are nice crappies. Salivating on my key board as I think about them fresh, sunk in Mrs. Fin's fish mix, then deep fried.

That is Brownlee. Big Fin, anytime you can come over here you've got a fishing trip on me. I owe you that for re-lighting the big game fire in me. I took out some RMEF guys a few years back.

"sunk in Mrs. Fin's fish mix, then deep fried."

shame on you!!! take the filets, cook them in butter and onion pieces. then, when about done, sprinkle cheese on them. serve when the cheese is melted on top of the filets. finger lickin good.

Hard to beat a mess of great slabs like that! This reminds me I have promised my wife a crappie outing and better get with it.

Chartreuse, orange body/chart.tail have been good tube colors. Crappie Nibbles on the jighook or injected inside the tube really help. The Southern Pro Hot Grub in crawdad has been killer and the Garland Swimming Minnow in Pearl has been good. There's still some big females staging offshore and guys trolling Rapalas are catching them. The rising water is making it tough, the fish you find today are not there tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 246
You know Fin...... I have a few packages of that in my freezer here in Belgrade with a plan to get a few more over Labor Day week end on our visit to Boise so I could probably misplace one of those packages/ I could sneak one out for you if you do not tell the Warden (My Wife).

Visit to Boise? Where that early? I like to wait about two more weeks and hit the small reservoirs with deer hair poppers in the reed beds with float tube and fly rod. Insane!
Headed to our place in OR for LBR Day. How long you going to be in the area? PM me if any chance to get together for hour or so. That is, if you don't mind hanging out with an old phart.

You know Fin...... I have a few packages of that in my freezer here in Belgrade with a plan to get a few more over Labor Day week end on our visit to Boise so I could probably misplace one of those packages/ I could sneak one out for you if you do not tell the Warden (My Wife).

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back