Caribou Gear

CPW educating the public

Oak

Expert
I found this press release from Colorado Parks and Wildlife interesting. I wonder what kind of message about wolves the public will be receiving from this group? :D

http://dnr.state.co.us/newsapp/press.asp?pressid=8554

8/20/2013
Division of Wildlife

Learn about wolves, wolf-hybrids at Navajo State Park, Aug, 31

ARBOLES, Colo. – If you've ever wanted to learn about wolves, plan to attend a special event Labor Day weekend at Navajo State Park.

Wolfwood Refuge, a wildlife sanctuary in Ignacio, will bring Trinity, a full-blooded wolf, wolf-hybrids and other dogs to the park and present a program about these special animals. Staff members of Wolfwood will talk about wolves, explain the role of sanctuaries and about their work to preserve wolves. Those attending the program will be allowed to interact with the animals.

Wolfwood is a state-licensed non-profit facility that promotes the understanding of wolves and their relationships with humans. The organization travels throughout the state and makes educational presentations.

All wolves and wolf-hybrids in Colorado are captive. There are no wild wolves in Colorado.

The Wolfwood program is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 31, at the visitors' center at Navajo State Park. The program is free. Entrance to the park costs $7 per car.

Navajo State Park is located about 30 miles southwest of Pagosa Springs. For more information about the park or the program, call 970-883-2208.

I hate to say it, but, if that wolf would happen to nibble on someones arm while they were petting it. . . .that may go along way! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back