Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cpr training pays off

Fist bump to you and your crew. Outstanding work.

Good work! I recently re-certified through American Red Cross. They make it sooo easy now. It was mostly all online with only 1hr of in-person/hands on.

The only thing I thought was strange was that we were not taught to check for a pulse prior to starting CPR. I asked the instructor "when do you check for a pulse?" and the answer was "you don't, you leave that for the medics to do." I shut up after that, being a little embarrassed in a room full of strangers, but I thought to myself "how do you know the person is having a cardiac issue and didn't just faint or something". Maybe someone with more experience can answer?

Good work! I recently re-certified through American Red Cross. They make it sooo easy now. It was mostly all online with only 1hr of in-person/hands on.

The only thing I thought was strange was that we were not taught to check for a pulse prior to starting CPR. I asked the instructor "when do you check for a pulse?" and the answer was "you don't, you leave that for the medics to do." I shut up after that, being a little embarrassed in a room full of strangers, but I thought to myself "how do you know the person is having a cardiac issue and didn't just faint or something". Maybe someone with more experience can answer

Research indicated that most non-health care people couldn't correctly check for a pulse and circulation of blood was critical to survival. That's why pulse checks were removed from certification. You cant do any damage with chest compressions on a patient that has a pulse.

Well done Pat! Must have been quite the ordeal, just goes to show you how lucky a fella can be. He was darn lucky he made it to work

CPR training is like having a ccw permit. Most of us will never need it, but when we do, the people around us will be very happy that we made the effort. As a first responder I can only think of one guy that made it, (was only part time for 6 years) but like someone else said, they were dead when we got there, and anything you can do to change that is an improvement.

Great job and way to save a life. It is pretty rare that a guy makes it but since you guys where right there instantly to help it makes a difference.
I have had the chance several times to perform CPR while on duty. It can really be pretty stressful the first time or two. You guys really made a difference in that man's life. I would see if the work place could institute checks monthly on the life saving equipment. It's of zero use if it's not working properly. Awesome they where prepared and had a second unit available.

Update, he was told he had what doctors call the widomaker heart attack because it kills so fast. Doc told him chest compression may have dislodged the blockage and that alone saved him. No brain damage from o2 loss.

Great job and way to save a life. It is pretty rare that a guy makes it but since you guys where right there instantly to help it makes a difference.
I have had the chance several times to perform CPR while on duty. It can really be pretty stressful the first time or two. You guys really made a difference in that man's life. I would see if the work place could institute checks monthly on the life saving equipment. It's of zero use if it's not working properly. Awesome they where prepared and had a second unit available.

They are supposed to be checked weekly. Someone has some splaining to do..

Back