Coyote/Wolf Derby Salmon Idaho

Looks like the woof huggers are hard at it. No way those poll results are a reflection of the average Idaho residents views.:mad:

Well, I feel like the wolves need to be controlled in numbers but these contests do give the anti hunters quite a bit of ammo against hunting. that being said I have entered coyote derbies before but all the coyotes are pretty safe around me! Im more there for the drawings and door prizes. Unfortunately these type of contests are just not nearly as well accepted by the public as they have been in the past and our image as ethical hunters can easily be tarnished by such things.

Am I reading the right article? It's headline is "State department to provide wolf deterrent funds," but the comments seem to be about the contest.

I don't care if people shoot wolves, but I think the Salmon wolf derby just reinforces the negative mental image that majority of people have about us. They only need a banjo picking contest at the end to be complete. The derby isn't really about killing wolves - it is just rubbing the antis noses in the fact that we can hunt them. What a dumb thing to do as it just gives justification for the radical wolf advocates and anti-hunters to raise money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back